PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank Filler neck leaking?

lgottler
April 12th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Anyone know if you will loose gas out of a stock TJ tank if you tip it so that the gas is higher than your filler neck? I've been really close, but never had it leak yet, I'm about to move my tank around again and wanted to check with anyone that has flipped their TJ over and has gas leaking. I know that ball moves up to plug the hole, but does gas still leak out?

I figure if I ever go vertical, with my rear bumper on the ground and tires in the air, my filler neck will be lowest point.....a little is OK, but if I am climbing a bunch of hills, I don't want a slow leak!!

Lucas

JohnnyJ
April 16th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Not from my experience. When I pulled the gas tank out of my TJ I needed to empty out the last little bit of gas, and it was quite a chore. There's a valve that prevents emptying during rollover and prevents siphoning, and from tipping it and pouring it out. Was a real PITA.

After I pulled the pump, I found it easier to siphon it out of the fuel pump hole, you should be fine.

lgottler
April 19th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I put it like that, with the filler sticking out the back. I increased the height of the filler, so hopefully I won't have issues until I can get a fuel cell setup together...

Thanks,

Lucas