PDA

View Full Version : Land Use Committee Chairperson Change

hunter4x4
July 17th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Land Use Committee Chairman

Bob Devore (aka Jarhead!) has decided it is time to move on! Bob is making the kind of quality decision that all we've all had to make at one time or another, to make room for more important things in his life, and I congratulate him for it!!

Bob has had a distinguished career with GLFWDA:
- Membership Secretary 2005-2008
- President 2008-2011
- Land Use Chair 2014-2016

He was also the Treasurer (2006-2008) and Events Director (2008-2012) for the Hummer Club.

And he's been the current UFWDA Treasurer since 2009.

I've know Bob since 2005 when I became active in the political aspects of the four wheeling, starting with the former ORV Advisory Board, and joining GLFWDA.

To say that Bob has been an asset to the Association is an understatement! His experience, insights, knowledge, common sense, but mostly his friendly, always willing to help and upbeat personality are all going to be missed!

Thank you Bob for your service, and best wishes & blessings in your future endeavors!!
= = = = =

And in the same breath I'm pleased to announce that John Norris, VP of one of GLFWDA's newest clubs, Dauntless Jeepers, has agreed to step into the Land Use Committee Chairman's position! In fact, Bob & John have already started the transition process!

John says "I am a Jeeper, have had Jeeps for 20 years or so, my whole family are Jeepers also."

John also says of his club: "Dauntless Jeepers organized and executed a cleanup of this area, installed and maintains (weekly) a trash can in the area... it's actually helping reduce the amount of trash found on the trail! We also put a "fire extinguisher" (a bucket) out there so people can put their fires out before they leave the woods. They're using it!"

John is already active in the political aspects of the sport, currently working to save as many trails as possible in the Yankee Springs area.

John's married (Tami!) and has two sons, ages 18 and 21. John expressed a strong desire to help in the battle to keep our trails open!!

Thank you John, welcome aboard!!

Ms.ZJ
July 17th, 2016, 07:02 PM
See you later, Bob.
Thank you for your many years of service to the association, and for continued support through service with UFWDA.
You are truly an asset to our sport.

phittie1100
July 17th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Jarhead, my long time partner in crime, thanks for always stepping foward when a job needs done.

John we look forward to your first adventure with GLFWDA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

WhiteRhino
July 18th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I was trying to think of a one-liner or word to sum up Bob but I can't. There are too many to choose; hell of a guy, dedicated, advocate, selfless, professional, courteous, never gets rattled, family man, in it for the love of the sport, and many more.

To Bob, you and I have had many a conversation, some good, some bad where we agreed or disagreed on a topic. But no matter the topic, I could always appreciate your point of view and your professionalism, especially knowing that you had our sport in your best interest.

God bless you, your wife and your family. It's been a pleasure. :wave:

Jim

Jarhead
July 19th, 2016, 06:44 AM
I have had the Great Privilege to Meet and Work with some Incredibly Awesome People through the years! While I don't talk to all of them every week, every month, or possibly every year, I consider each one as a friend and family. I will cherish each memory and opportunity as they each played a part in what GLFWDA was able to accomplish on behalf of Our Sport as a whole.