PDA

View Full Version : Unwelcome: The Ordeal Of Government, Land, Off-Roaders

Jarhead
April 8th, 2016, 06:04 AM
The opening verse of a great American song goes, “This land is your land, this land is my land, from California, to the New York Island, from the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf Stream waters, this land was made for you and me.” Woody Guthrie’s words resonate as much today as they did back in 1940, when the song was first penned. But in this day and age, how much truth is still left in Guthrie’s lyrics?

GLFWDA's Membership in UFWDA means GLFWDA is a big part of what takes place check out the link...

http://www.offroadxtreme.com/features/ask-the-experts/unwelcome-the-ordeal-of-government-land-off-roaders/

nick_n_ii
April 10th, 2016, 12:48 PM
We need to change the direction f all this land access restriction.

lgottler
April 10th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I feel we need to stop using the term "off-roaders" and use something else instead.

Trailriding, two tracking, etc. Something that speaks more about the truth of what we do. We don't off road, we always make it a priority to stay on trail. Even up for Gitchee Gumee we are always looking for old trails, two tracks, just old forgotten routes that because of their neglect make for some really rugged trails.

Off road sounds like we travel across country over fragile fauna and aim for animal dens and those snails or frogs that only live in one area.

Lucas

Jarhead
April 11th, 2016, 04:34 PM
I feel we need to stop using the term "off-roaders" and use something else instead.

Trailriding, two tracking, etc. Something that speaks more about the truth of what we do. We don't off road, we always make it a priority to stay on trail. Even up for Gitchee Gumee we are always looking for old trails, two tracks, just old forgotten routes that because of their neglect make for some really rugged trails.

Off road sounds like we travel across country over fragile fauna and aim for animal dens and those snails or frogs that only live in one area.

Lucas

This is a unique thought I haven't heard before, I will bring this to the bod attention on Thursday during our meeting with ORBA.

WhiteRhino
April 11th, 2016, 08:09 PM
It's awful hard to shake the redneck mudbogger stereotype.

DDS4X4
April 13th, 2016, 04:57 AM
:idea:

nick_n_ii
April 13th, 2016, 04:55 PM
It might be hard to shack that, but we must if we don't want to loos all public land access.

jeepfreak81
May 7th, 2016, 10:30 AM

Lucas

This is 100% without a doubt truth. I work in an industry that is often seen the same way as off roading to "environmentalists" simple changes like this do make a difference when we approach legislators.