PDA

View Full Version : Jeep the MaC

hunter4x4
January 18th, 2016, 06:28 PM
****** Inaugural Jeep the Mac*******

The St. Ignace Events Committee has announce their inaugural the April "Jeep The Mac" event!!

This is a Jeep specific event; participants will stage in Mackinac City and parade across the Mackinac Bridge! Imagine - Big Mac end-to-end with Jeeps!

It's going to be on the 22nd and 23rd of April, with the Bridge crossing on Friday the 22nd, winding up in St. Ignace at an area set up with a food & beverage area, vendors, and live music.

The event will continue the following day with a trail ride over on Drummond Island, and wind up back in St. Ignace on Saturday.

Here's the website for more information:
http://www.stignace.com/event/jeep-the-mac

I for one and definitely looking forward to this event!

DDS4X4
January 18th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Ok, somebody calculate how many Jeeps are required to stretch the full length, allowing perhaps 1 to 2 Jeep lengths between each vehicle?

WhiteRhino
January 19th, 2016, 01:37 PM
5280 x 5 miles across (approx) = 26,400 ft across the bridge. A jeep is about 14 ft long, multiply by 2.5 for 1.5 spaces in between = 35 ft. 26,400 / 35 = 755 jeeps.

I'm interested. Haven't talked to the wife yet tho.

DDS4X4
January 20th, 2016, 09:58 PM
WE can do this :thumb:

Ms.ZJ
April 14th, 2016, 02:55 PM
From our friends at Drummond Island resort and Turtle Ridge

"There will be free admission to Turtle Ridge ORV Park for Jeep the MAC"

hunter4x4
April 28th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Hi Guys & Gals!!

Quick update on the Jeep the Mac ride!! (To be honest I'm surprised I haven't seen much chatter on this one!!)

The folks in St. Ignace and Drummond Island put together a really cool event - parade across the Bridge and the next day trails on Drummond. Reports I'm getting are all coming back positive! The final tally for the Bridge crossing was around 460-470 Jeeps, and most of those made it over to Drummond the next day, almost 400 Jeeps I've been told. Wow!! That must have been a sight!!

Given that the promoters planned for 300 Jeep this year, I think it's safe to say that if you didn't get a chance to ride over this year you'll get another chance next year!!

And a quick shout out to the Association VP Kari Dunlap for representing the Association for this event!!