PDA

View Full Version : Roadhouse Makes Dinner

Roadhouse
March 21st, 2006, 01:20 PM
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5804/stork7mb.jpg

This is a repoast from anonther board, but the pic is so damn funny I had to post it here. Sue Farley was the one who posted it first about me........funnay. :rolf:

Jarhead
March 21st, 2006, 04:35 PM
My wife and I had seven kids, I can relate...

Roadhouse
March 21st, 2006, 05:12 PM
Bob, are those 7 of yours or any adopted ones?

I go to church with a couple that are foster parents. They have three kids of their own in their 20's....but have adopted 7 kids out of the 65 foster kids they've had over the years. All 7 of those are home now oldest 17 youngest 6.......

Jarhead
March 22nd, 2006, 05:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Mar 21 2006, 05&#58;12 PM) 12248</div>

Bob, are those 7 of yours or any adopted ones?

I go to church with a couple that are foster parents. They have three kids of their own in their 20&#39;s....but have adopted 7 kids out of the 65 foster kids they&#39;ve had over the years. All 7 of those are home now oldest 17 youngest 6.......
[/b]

The 7 are ours. I came from a family of eight kids and always wanted a large family. Our youngest is soon to be seventeen (we had a slight gap of almost 5 years between him and his older sister) (I still think it is was the garden we planted that year :rolf: ).

We are currently waiting on the courts to decide the future of a couple of our Foster Childrens. Depending on the outcome of the courts; we are looking to adopt two of the four Foster Children we currently have in our care. They are brother and sister (6 and 7 years old) and have been in our care for nineteen months. The whole thing is throwing a couple of our kids off track as they wrestle with the concept that their children, our grandchildren, will be older than their little brother and sister. As our 7th and 8th grandchild is due this July and number 9 is due this October, we’re certain they’ll warm to the idea just as we have.

My wife and I just absolutely love having the kids around.

Roadhouse
March 22nd, 2006, 07:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Mar 22 2006, 05&#58;44 AM) 12263</div>

My wife and I just absolutely love having the kids around.
[/b]

Same here, but we are done having our own. My wife has brought up the foster parent idea, if we have the room after we build a new house.