PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea where to post this but, Hummer Vs. Jeep

IBJeepin98XJ
March 13th, 2006, 10:26 PM
how does your hummer stack up to this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7029690769082399528&q=jeep

joe_jeep
March 14th, 2006, 10:10 AM
lame!!! it wont play in media player or quick player. thats weak!!!

Deathdealer
March 14th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Yah, don't worry its just a compilation video of those Hummer videos you have all seen before. Pretty lame.

Zookeeper
March 14th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Besides, it's often drivers that make the difference, not vehicles.

Just look at what Jarhead can do with that H2 of his!!

:Jarhead:

Jarhead
March 14th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Awesome video clips. Please understand thou, I don’t feel I have the ultimate trail rig. I just have one in which I can enjoy my creature comforts to and from the trails. Also, I just like wheeling with anyone who has the time, when I can. I’ve got nothing against Jeeps; just because I have always been a full size user. In fact I am pretty impressed with a number of the Jeeps and their Drivers I have had the privilege to wheel with. Further in fact, I also have a new appreciation for the wheeling ability of the Geo. As they say, “Different strokes, for different folks.”

If I had the mechanical ability of some of the people I have had the privilege of meeting since joining Great lakes, I would probably have a trail only rig (and yes, it would probably be a built up Jeep). Currently, the Hummer just happens to be my vehicle of choice.

I look forward to seeing you on the trails!

WhiteRhino
March 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Mar 14 2006, 10&#58;19 AM) 12010</div>

Awesome video clips. Please understand thou, I don’t feel I have the ultimate trail rig. I just have one in which I can enjoy my creature comforts to and from the trails. Also, I just like wheeling with anyone who has the time, when I can. I’ve got nothing against Jeeps; just because I have always been a full size user. In fact I am pretty impressed with a number of the Jeeps and their Drivers I have had the privilege to wheel with. Further in fact, I also have a new appreciation for the wheeling ability of the Geo. As they say, “Different strokes, for different folks.”

If I had the mechanical ability of some of the people I have had the privilege of meeting since joining Great lakes, I would probably have a trail only rig (and yes, it would probably be a built up Jeep). Currently, the Hummer just happens to be my vehicle of choice.

I look forward to seeing you on the trails&#33;
[/b]

Boy, Bob, How politically correct can you get? :rolf: :rolf:

Jarhead
March 14th, 2006, 01:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Mar 14 2006, 11&#58;21 AM) 12011</div>

Boy, Bob, How politically correct can you get? :rolf: :rolf:
[/b]

Truth be told, after thrashing and trashing military vehicles of all sizes and makes for more than twenty years; the 1/4 ton Jeep would have to be my favorite. But then, Chrysler didn&#39;t have anything to do with it... :bigemo_harabe_net-01:

I am a turn key kinda of a guy, maybe a Posion Spider Buggy? Naw, I&#39;ll stick with my creature comforts; I mean Hummer for now. :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

Is that better Jim? :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Roadhouse
March 14th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I didn&#39;t watch the video, but I&#39;m sure I know which one it is. I would luv to own or wheel a H1 or H2, as they can fit my whole family to go have fun in. Would I think it could out wheel a Rubi or a built Geo...no. If it was reallllllllyyyy loaded I would buy a H1 Alpha for a tow rig/dd/part time wheeler...that would be great. But I dont have &#036;120-140k for a rig.

Jarhead
March 14th, 2006, 07:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Mar 14 2006, 05&#58;14 PM) 12029</div>

...as they can fit my whole family to go have fun in...
[/b]

You hit the nail right on the head Mike, "as they can fit my whole family to go have fun in."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Mar 14 2006, 05&#58;14 PM) 12029</div>

...Would I think it could out wheel a Rubi or a built Geo...no...
[/b]

And I am in complete agreement with you on these points as well&#33; :thumb-up:

Jarhead
March 15th, 2006, 06:55 AM
I have given a couple of quick responses to this thread, without a great deal of fore thought. It kind of reminds of the “Wheelin and rig choice in Michigan, offshoot of the rocks discussion”. Prior to joining Great Lakes, I recall being concerned about being accepted as a guy who just likes to wheel when he can. I realized, the majority of the members were Jeep owners and the feeling of acceptance and my ability to do something stupid and embarrassing myself or the Hummer name were all considerations.

Well, joining Great Lakes has only proved my concern of acceptance was wasted energy. Joining Great Lakes has been one of the best things I have done since getting back to four wheeling. I have met some GREAT people and consider many to be friends. Having retired from the Military, the one thing I miss the most is the camaraderie. Joining Great Lakes has given me the camaraderie in spades. In addition to the camaraderie, I have had the opportunity to wheel with some very capable and some not so capable rigs and their drivers. Never has the issue of competition come to mind. I don’t believe I am better than anyone, or any vehicle. I do believe I have the ability to do something stupid and laugh with those around me when I will embarrass myself. As for the Hummer name; it ain’t mine, so what do I have to prove and who cares&#33;

I want to do whatever I can to ensure access for all, regardless of what you, they ride or drive. Great Lakes is about bringing together four wheel drive vehicles, their owners, and defending our right of access to the land we use them on. So, as I said in my original post in this thread, “I look forward to seeing you on the trails&#33;
:thumb-up:

Zookeeper
March 15th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I figure successful wheeling is possible because of the following forumula:

25 percent vehicle capabilities
25 percent driver capabilities
40 percent having fun with friends who encourage you to try obstacles because they&#39;ll help you out
8 percent being able to get to the next obstacle because those friends own tow straps
2 percent being able to get to the next obstacle because a few of those friends have winches

:rolf:

ganz
March 15th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I defence of Jarhead I have to say the H2 is the hands down favorite for long trips and wheelin. Not to take anything form any Jeep. I have had alot of experiance with the H2s in there development and what else can you drive 14 to 18 hours to the trail head and wheel for 5 days and drive it home in that kind of comfort. Air tilt cruise etc. Plus the whole family. Both the Jeep and the H2 have there nitch places. Both are extremly capable rigs. If anyone ever gets a chance to drive an H2, drive one they are awsome to drive. Like driveing a Cady only better. I say if you enjoy the wheelin it dosent matter what you drive.

I have to also agree with Zookeeper on his stats. we have all seen rigs that shouldnt make it though somthing but did because of the talent and skills of the driver or spoter.

"25 percent vehicle capabilities
25 percent driver capabilities
40 percent having fun with friends who encourage you to try obstacles because they&#39;ll help you out
8 percent being able to get to the next obstacle because those friends own tow straps
2 percent being able to get to the next obstacle because a few of those friends have winches"

Ganz..........

Renegade II
May 24th, 2006, 01:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Mar 16 2006, 12&#58;43 AM) 12068</div>

Don&#39;t care what anyone says...I would trade my jeep for a H1 any day, a H2 every other day, and a H3...well, maybe once a month or so.
[/b]

My Jeep is way easier to trail ride with than a H1, I wouldn&#39;t trade it for one. The solution? one (or more) of each. :thumb-up:

reddeviltj
June 7th, 2006, 11:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe_jeep &#064; Mar 14 2006, 10&#58;10 AM) 12001</div>

lame&#33;&#33;&#33; it wont play in media player or quick player. thats weak&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/b]

That&#39;s ok, I&#39;m here at work (GM) and I&#39;m getting the GM Restricted Internet Gateway message.
I can&#39;t go there......

:doah:

SafetyMan
June 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Mar 16 2006, 12&#58;43 AM) 12068</div>
I would trade my jeep for a H1 any day............[/b]

Me too....

Then I&#39;d sell it, and buy a couple more JEEPS&#33;