PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Annual Awards

hrissley
May 12th, 2015, 09:04 PM
The Board of GLFWDA are going to be awarding the annual awards this year. The plan is at the July meeting we will be having at Rocks and Valleys, which coincides with the Appreciation Run at Rocks and Valleys on July 19th.

Here are the awards ~

1. 4x4'er of the Year
2. Club of the Year
3. Associate Member of the Year

What I need from all of the members are nominations for the above awards. If you could email me at vicepresident@glfwda.org or post in this thread and we will start a tally to award the top finishers.

Any questions drop me a email

Thanks
Harry
Vice President

hrissley
May 19th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Its has been a week since I requested nominations, I have not received any either in the forum or email. Come on members we as a board are trying to communicate and bring the communication back to the group.. Send me some nominations for the awards.

Harry

WhiteRhino
May 19th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Sorry Harry, I don't have any suggestions. I have been out of the loop on specific activities.

Ms.ZJ
May 19th, 2015, 09:28 PM
I'll share this on FB and see what kind of response we get there.
Copy and paste.
I will also ask that each nominator include their membership number to keep the voting to members only.

lpm606
May 20th, 2015, 07:25 AM
More information from our SOP's:

The Al Ransom / Putt Caverly Memorial Award is named in honor of Al Ransom and Putt Caverly.
Al Ransom was a long time dedicated four wheeler from Michigan and founding member of the Michigan 4WD Assn which was renamed in 1971 to the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association. Al worked hard to strengthen club involvement and unify all four wheelers, by encouraging their involvement in the sport.
Putt Caverly was an avid Fourwheeler and Environmentalist. Putt was the creator of the ‘Endangered Species’ patch. Worked diligently with land management agencies and contributed to the creation of the ORV Program in Michigan and regulatory rules for Silver Lake State Park ORV use area.
This award is given annually… from a list of members Solicited from the General Membership and judged by the Executive Board of Directors to have participated in the greatest variety of GLFWDA activities and events, and to have supported and worked for the goals of GLFWDA. All nominees for the AL RANSOM / PUTT CAVERLY AWARD are due prior to the January Quarterly Membership meeting. Any additional supporting material is also due at that time. The Executive Board shall meet in executive session for any discussion on the selection. A written vote shall be taken, and the winner announced at such time as decided by the President. All bids shall be for the preceding year. Criteria considered in evaluating applications could include:
Host a GLFWDA Executive Board Meeting; Provide input for GLFWDA Boondocker; Attendance at, and participation in, GLFWDA meetings and State or National Land Management Agency meetings; Obtaining new members for GLFWDA; Promotion of recreational four wheeling by participation in major education programs, conservation projects, and the meetings and activities of fellow associations.
Each member of GLFWDA is encouraged to submit a nomination for the Four Wheeler of the Year. Judging is based on what the nominee has done for all of organized four wheeling in the past year.
Please submit the following information about your nominee: How many years has nominee been in organized four wheeling? List any offices nominee has held in his/her club, association or GLFWDA in the past year. List any conservation projects nominee has participated in during the past year. Summarize your nominee’s involvement in four wheeling and include any other information you feel qualifies your nominee for the Al Ransom / Putt Caverly.

The Associate Member of the Year Award is named in recognition of the Associate Member that has distinguished themselves in Supporting Our Sport.
This award is given annually… from a list of Associate Members Solicited from the General Membership and judged by the Executive Board to have participated in the greatest variety of GLFWDA activities and events, and to have supported and worked for the goals of GLFWDA.
All nominees for the Associate Member of the Year Award are due prior to the January Quarterly Membership Meeting. Any additional supporting material is also due at that time. The Executive Board shall meet in executive session for any discussion on the selection. A written vote shall be taken, and the winner announced at such time as decided by the President. All bids shall be for the preceding year. Criteria considered in evaluating applications could include:
Host a GLFWDA Executive Board Meeting; Provide input for GLFWDA Boondocker; Attendance at, and participation in, GLFWDA meetings and State or National Land Management Agency meetings; Obtaining new members for GLFWDA; Promotion of recreational four wheeling by participation in major education programs, conservation projects, and the meetings and activities of fellow associations.

The Club of the Year Award is named in recognition of the Club that has distinguished themselves in Supporting Our Sport.

This award is given annually… to the club judged by the Executive Board to have participated in the greatest variety of GLFWDA activities and events, and to have supported and worked for the goals of GLFWDA.

The Executive Board shall meet in executive session for any discussion on the selection. A written vote shall be taken, and the winner announced at such time as decided by the President. All bids shall be for the preceding year. Criteria considered in evaluating applications could include:

Being able to give an award to those so deserving, is but a small token of appreciation for an association that receives so much more.

hrissley
June 25th, 2015, 05:38 PM
I am going to close nominations for the awards on July 5th. We only have a few would like a couple of more. Members step up and let's get the awards back on track.