PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Air / ARB hook up

Creative Fab
March 8th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Brian and I colaberated on this Ultimate Air-ARB setup, it will be available for sale soon!

Here are some sneak peek pics!

here is the air switch mounted in the dash

http://www.glfwda.org/forums/uploads/1140988441/med_gallery_45_21_301120.jpg

Here is the preset regulator mounted to the UA Co2 tank

http://www.glfwda.org/forums/uploads/1140988441/med_gallery_45_21_425662.jpg

No more worrying about the compressor or the electrical system, which has failed in the past and left me without an air locker. As a back up system if the Co2 runs out while on the trail I carry a small Co2 tire inflator used on bike tires, this attaches to a schrader valve which screws on the preset regulator. Very simple setup overall, 5 out of 5 stars*****

Roadhouse
March 8th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Cool deal on this setup being done. The way you have it setup to run your ARB is it still able to run air tools for trailside fixes?

Slightly off topic....but what dollar store was that you purchased those bags/covers for your air tank and hose? I need a couple of those.

Creative Fab
March 9th, 2006, 12:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Mar 8 2006, 11&#58;48 PM) 11752</div>

Cool deal on this setup being done. The way you have it setup to run your ARB is it still able to run air tools for trailside fixes?

Slightly off topic....but what dollar store was that you purchased those bags/covers for your air tank and hose? I need a couple of those.
[/b]

You didnt look at the 2nd pic very close :wacko: it shows the T with an air chuck for the hose assembly&#33;

And those cheap little bags came from the dollar store next to Advance Auto on Saginaw Rd. Brian is also working on adding covers to his product line in the near future. In the meen time these will work fine&#33;

Roadhouse
March 9th, 2006, 02:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Mar 8 2006, 11&#58;28 PM) 11755</div>

You didnt look at the 2nd pic very close :wacko: it shows the T with an air chuck for the hose assembly&#33;

[/b]

I saw that, but I was under the impression fixed regulators couldn&#39;t run air tools.....thats why I asked :dunno:

Creative Fab
March 9th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I am following your question now, the preset reg. is on one side of the T and does not control the side the air chuck is on. That side of the T is still running off the adj. reg.

The preset reg. is the small black and gold cyl. coming off the right side of the T, and the 1/4" air line to the air switch is coming off the end of it.

Roadhouse
March 9th, 2006, 12:21 PM
I guess I"m an idoit. I now see a gauge in your pic........that would tell me you have an adjustable regulator. :doh: Go ahead and slap me next time :slap: We need the slap smiley.

Bult4mud
March 9th, 2006, 04:03 PM
me likey and me wanty
talked to Brian today about that

Roadhouse
March 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I picked up a couple of those bags today. Pat the only ones they had actually had shoulder straps for backpack use....Is that what you bought.

Boy going to that Dollar Daze store today made me realize we do have white trash in Midland.......it was far worse than Walmart. Made me feel like I was living in Bay City again.

Creative Fab
March 10th, 2006, 09:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Mar 9 2006, 06&#58;02 PM) 11795</div>

I picked up a couple of those bags today. Pat the only ones they had actually had shoulder straps for backpack use....Is that what you bought.

Boy going to that Dollar Daze store today made me realize we do have white trash in Midland.......it was far worse than Walmart. Made me feel like I was living in Bay City again.
[/b]

Yes the ones I bought did have the straps but I cut them off&#33;

And I think the white trash is bused in from Oil City or Mills Township, not sure though.

Roadhouse
March 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Well I need to go back to the Dollar store. My kids all want one of those bags/backpacks for hiking/Geocaching. Good thing they only cost a &#036;1 :P

Brian81CJ
March 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Mar 8 2006, 11&#58;28 PM) 11755</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Mar 8 2006, 11&#58;48 PM) 11752

[/b]

And those cheap little bags came from the dollar store next to Advance Auto on Saginaw Rd. Brian is also working on adding covers to his product line in the near future. In the meen time these will work fine&#33;
[/b][/quote]

First, thank you again Pat for helping and letting me use your Jeep as a guinea pig&#33;&#33;

Mike,
The big advantage to this air locker setup is the ability to leave your tank regulator at a high pressure setting while running low pressure to the air lockerů at the same time&#33;&#33; No other setup on the market does that&#33;
It eliminates the need to disconnect the ARB line, crank up the pressure on the tank regulator, install the air hose for inflating tires/running air tools then re-connecting it all back up to run your ARB again... what a pain&#33;&#33;&#33;

Roadhouse
March 10th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Brian the second type of system you described(not Pats) is what I have seen before.