PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Blizzard!!

hunter4x4
February 3rd, 2015, 10:24 AM
Just a quick note to say I hope all our members got through the storm OK!!

The inconvenience and potential danger notwithstanding, sure a great time to own a 4x4!!!

Mike!

Jarhead
February 3rd, 2015, 12:39 PM
No School.....Time To Play!

phittie1100
February 3rd, 2015, 02:07 PM
We got some good training time in during the snow storm on Sunday. First trip of the day was to the grocery store in light snow with some accumulation, but I had Jonathon driving his mom's truck - ABS, traction and stability control, AWD, makes you a sandwich, etc. Later in the day we ran to the hardware store in the Malibu - heavier/deeper snow, FWD only, but still w/ABS/traction control/stability control. Late in the afternoon we headed out into the guts of the snow storm, roads under several inches of snow, but in the Jeep - good tires, LS in the rear end, but no electronic crap and no 4WD. He did pretty good for his first real street driving in a snow storm. A good learning experience.

hemrides
February 3rd, 2015, 08:55 PM
I went up to the Sischo Bayou area and played some...was by myself so I took played it safe. I did find a rustic camp area on the north side of the White river that was nice...Forest Service built. Will have to explore more after the snow leaves.