PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Meeting Dates?

lgottler
January 22nd, 2015, 08:55 PM
Wondering if we have a schedule posted somewhere... Quarterly Meeting dates, locations, times.

Thanks!

Lucas

Jarhead
January 23rd, 2015, 08:58 AM
My understanding is the eboard was trying to secure a room through SoFO to host the meeting Friday, January 30, 2015 @ 5:00 PM at the Quality Inn where the Sno-Fari Event is being held. I am not aware of whether or not they were successful in securing a room, so I am uncertain of their intention. I hope we can rectify this situation today and lay plans for the 2015 Year as the eboard vacancies are filled.

Ironman Offroad
January 23rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
The Winter Quarterly Meeting of GLFWDA will be held Friday 1.30.15 at 5pm at the Quality inn in West Branch, Michigan. The room booking is being confirmed and will be posted as soon as I have that information.

Sorry for the delayed posting,
Dale Stroebel
Recording Secretary GLFWDA

Ironman Offroad
January 23rd, 2015, 03:15 PM
The rest of the years meetings dates will be set at the next eboard meeting to be set by the new President.

Ironman Offroad
January 23rd, 2015, 05:31 PM
Deep River Room.

BE THERE!!!!!!

shawn
January 23rd, 2015, 05:33 PM
Sweet thanks Dale.

Creative Fab
January 26th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks Dale!

lgottler
January 26th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks... x3 Gotta see if I can skip out early from work to make the 2.5hr drive up.

phittie1100
January 29th, 2015, 01:28 PM
The bus is pulling out of Grand Blanc, MI at 3pm if anyone wants to tag along

lgottler
January 30th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Ended up closing on a house tonight instead. Let us know what went down!

Jarhead
January 31st, 2015, 07:51 AM
Here is the gist:

Mike Olmstead is the new GLFWDA President.

The eboard has committed to improve communications with the Membership.

The Spring Quarterly Membership Meeting will be May 1st in conjunction with The Jeep Blessing in Mesick.

The Summer Quarterly Membership Meeting will be July ?? in conjunction Appreciation Day with Mud, Sweat & Gears hosting at Rocks & Valleys.

The Fall Quarterly Membership Meeting will be October ?? in conjunction with Trolls Fall Color Tour.

The eboard is going to research what is needed to attempt to live stream the Quarterly Membership Meetings to allow greater participation by the Membership.

The Membership voted in favor to provide $500 to Rich Santose to aid in his legal defense fund for a ticket issued while on a Club Sanctioned run in the National Forest. His Federal Court Date is February 11.

The eboard has agreed to purchase a computer for the Membership Secretary to use in the performance of her assigned tasks.

There was a number of other topics discussed as to Store, Web Site, Establishing a Defined Legal Defense Fund, etc., I just noted a couple of the highlights.

DDS4X4
January 31st, 2015, 11:15 PM
Thanks Bob !
Did you get any trail time??

Jarhead
February 1st, 2015, 05:37 PM
Thanks Bob !
Did you get any trail time??

Fraid not, ran up after school(work), participated in meeting, drove home.

I did participate in a Hummer Annual run at Grayling recently though. Sadly I had to put over $2,000 into the ole' girl last fall. I went up to show some folks from WLB to a few spots and the ole' girl was acting up. Soooo...had to Replace a couple of O2 Sensors (under intake manifold), replaced both Fuel Rails, Plugs, Wires, a Couple of Links on Front Suspension, Bushings on Front and Rear Suspension, Fluids all around and she ran better than she has in too many years. No time to wheel combined with no time to wrench obviously allowed things to reach a state of non-repair that required my attention.

DDS4X4
February 2nd, 2015, 12:01 PM
Sounds familiar, the ole' WJ still needs some TLC since the Maine JJUSA in October 2012, it was a lot rough on it :(
On my To Do List for 2015, in preparation for hitting the trails in 2016 :)