PDA

View Full Version : LUC Chairman role opening - We need your help!

TWEAK
December 11th, 2014, 06:19 PM
At the last quarterly meeting (Fall 2014), I announced to the GLFWDA board that I would need to step down from my current role as Land Use Committee Chairman. Although I am stepping down as the LUC chairman, I still plan to play an active role in the LUC. I am stepping down from this current role as I have taken on more responsibilities at work and don’t have the free time anymore to dedicate to what this role requires.

With me stepping down from the LUC Chairman role we are in dire need of finding a replacement to continue on with the torch. Are you passionate about the 4WD community and want to make a difference? If so, then this new role might be for you! Some of the Land Use Committee Chairman’s duties include:

• Communicate current Land Use related issues to GLFWDA Board of Directors
• Publish Land Use Committee activities in each of the Quarterly GLFWDA Boondockers
• Ensure that a GLFWDA representative is at all land use related public meetings (i.e. ORVAW, MTAC, etc), and attend as many as possible.
• Ensure that notes are collected from all meetings where GLFWDA attends and are published on GLFWDA.com
• Attend GLFWDA quarterly meeting (or have a Land Use committee Rep) to speak about current Land Use issues

If you are interested in helping out and want more details please feel free to contact me and we can discuss further.

DDS4X4
December 12th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Thank you for your time & efforts :thumb:

Jarhead
December 13th, 2014, 12:42 AM
I just visited the Michigan DNR web site to take a look at upcoming meetings, and was greatly disappointed:

Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup (ORVAW)

2015 Meeting Dates

March 11 Location to be determined
Wednesday

May 13 Location to be determined
Wednesday

August 5 Location to be determined
Wednesday

November 4 Location to be determined
Wednesday

Meetings are scheduled from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., and are open to the public unless otherwise noted above.

What a useless PDF 1219

TWEAK
December 14th, 2014, 08:28 PM
I just visited the Michigan DNR web site to take a look at upcoming meetings, and was greatly disappointed:

Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup (ORVAW)

2015 Meeting Dates

March 11 Location to be determined
Wednesday

May 13 Location to be determined
Wednesday

August 5 Location to be determined
Wednesday

November 4 Location to be determined
Wednesday

Meetings are scheduled from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., and are open to the public unless otherwise noted above.

What a useless PDF 1219

Yeah, they take a while to get updated. Most of the ORVAW meetings are in Lansing. The MSTAC meetings are typically held at the RAM center up near Roscommon, and the NRC meetings are held throughout the state.

Jarhead
January 19th, 2015, 02:57 PM
There has been much happening behind the scenes with the GLFWDA eBoard as they have worked to fill vacancies and prepare for the pending Quarterly Membership Meeting.

While things appear to be a bit slow out of the gate, as the vacancies have now been filled, perhaps we can get down to the work necessary to ensure we protect our Land Use Access Rights.

While I will not make an announcement for all that has been accomplished, I will announce that I have agreed to fill Rob Lawrence's HUGE Shoes!
Rob has done an outstanding job the last few years for which I want to personally Thank him and will try to do at least as well as he has done.

WhiteRhino
January 19th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Bob,
Once again, many thanks.

shawn
January 19th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Thanks Bob!! You rock!!

TWEAK
January 20th, 2015, 09:57 PM
There has been much happening behind the scenes with the GLFWDA eBoard as they have worked to fill vacancies and prepare for the pending Quarterly Membership Meeting.

While things appear to be a bit slow out of the gate, as the vacancies have now been filled, perhaps we can get down to the work necessary to ensure we protect our Land Use Access Rights.

While I will not make an announcement for all that has been accomplished, I will announce that I have agreed to fill Rob Lawrence's HUGE Shoes!
Rob has done an outstanding job the last few years for which I want to personally Thank him and will try to do at least as well as he has done.

Thank you Bob for stepping back into the organization and taking on this role. You are a great asset to GLFWDA and will fill this Land Use Committee Chairman role very well!
:thumb:

Looking forward to working with you on the Land Use Committee. Hopefully we can grow the committee by a few more folks to increase our reach and awareness.

phittie1100
January 21st, 2015, 01:45 PM
Thanks Bob!

Creative Fab
January 21st, 2015, 03:28 PM
Thanks Bob!