PDA

View Full Version : i have had enough of your crap!!!!

Ms.ZJ
October 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM
As many of you may know, My 09 JK has been nothing but problems since we drove it off the showroom floor.
Since September 26 of this year it has been into the dealer for service FIVE times!
Enough already!

We traded it in on a 2012 RUBICON!!! :D
14,692 miles, nice clean carfax.

:ahhh::ahhh: I am SUPER EXCITED!!!:ahhh::ahhh:

Alex456123
October 12th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Its gonna get stickered up :bootyshake:

hemrides
October 12th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Just curious....what makes the 12 better then the 09. Are the problems you had related to the engine/drive train...or was it suspension...and the Rubi will help with that.

Alex456123
October 12th, 2014, 04:58 PM
The 09 had the 3.8 and the 12 has the 3.6 pentastar. 3.8 is a turd of an engine.

Ms.ZJ
October 12th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Just curious....what makes the 12 better then the 09. Are the problems you had related to the engine/drive train...or was it suspension...and the Rubi will help with that.
What Alex said.

I have a file of service records that is an inch thick on for the 09
Some of the problems were, but aren't limited to:
eating 1qt of oil every 750 miles... I am on my second. They replaced.
Sway bar bushings and connectors...3 sets
3 horns
PS Pump
throw out bearing. (at 35K)... so we replaced the clutch and pressure plate while it was apart as well.
3 clutch slave cylinders
frozen brake calipers
3 rear main seal and two sets of block plugs in new engine beginning at 11K
blown intake manifold gasket
rear axle work... leaks and grinding noises
idler pulley
...and that is just a few of the problems we had with this jeep.
Its not that its a Rubicon that is going to fix these problems, its the fact that its not my current Jeep thats going to fix it.

It was a lemon, plain and simple.

We started complaining about engine noise within the first few weeks of ownership and were treated like we were idiots.
They told us "that's just the sound this engine makes", they replaced spark plugs, flashed the CPU several times, used heavier weight oil and all kinds of snake oil until we were passed our opportunity to throw this thing under the Lemon bus.
I say good riddance! and Pray that owning this "new" Jeep is a better experience.

Ms.ZJ
October 12th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Its gonna get stickered up :bootyshake:

TJ/WILLYS
October 13th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Nice, I hope you will have much better luck with the new jeep. I'm jelly.

Creative Fab
October 13th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Congrats...I hated that red Jeep every time I read it was in the shop again.

hemrides
October 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I ask because we have an 09 Sahara Unlimited...a little over 50K on it...It is my wife's DD...doesn't see much offroad...just simple trails if it does...and we haven't had any issues with it. We took it on a trip to CO and AZ two years ago...little over 5K mile trip...got 23 MPG, etc. Hope the new one works better.

Dave

Ms.ZJ
October 13th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I ask because we have an 09 Sahara Unlimited...a little over 50K on it...It is my wife's DD...doesn't see much offroad...just simple trails if it does...and we haven't had any issues with it. We took it on a trip to CO and AZ two years ago...little over 5K mile trip...got 23 MPG, etc. Hope the new one works better.

Dave

This is the only jeep I've ever read, hear or known about that's had as many problems as it has. It was truly cursed.

Greenway
October 14th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Meh, its a Jeep thing

Here is a list of my 08 JK Rubicon Unlimited problems . It has 106,000 miles

Sway bar electrical connector not waterproofed. It needed to be resealed every 4 months.When it gets caked with mud, it takes the CANBUS down and caused the radio to become inoperative
Sway bar actuator failed and had to be replaced twice the first 50,000 miles
Idler pulley failed after 2 years
Battery failed after 3 years
Rear brake pads need to be replaced every 25,000 miles
Front pads need to be replaced every 35,000 miles
Front axles have been replaced under warranty because the ujoints wore out
I wore out the front and two rear driveshafts
Both exhaust manifolds have cracked and have been replaced under warranty
The gas tank had a bad flapper valve and was replaced under warranty,
The transmission cooler lines leaked and were replaced under warranty
The rear differential pinion bearing failed and had to be replaced
The front passenger door opening no longer turns on the dome light
The muffler heat shield is breaking loose and needs to be repaired
The radiator is so efficient at trapping mud that it must be removed to clean it out. It also keeps air from flowing through the undersized trans cooler.
The rear locker no longer actuates though the coil has power and proper continuity
The radiator fan failed after about 4 years
The ball joints wore out after 3 years
I have replaced 3 front axle bearing hubs

phittie1100
October 14th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I am not so sure there just aren't some serious quality issues with the JKs - our list was not as long, but I have never had a vehicle back in the dealership as often as Deb's 2008 JKU. Some of it never got fixed, it was just always on the list every time we took it in for warranty work, and they would try to fix it...but never completely. I rode in one this weekend - a newer one - and I forgot how nice they ride, how much quieter they are inside, how much room for stuff. Then reality set back in and the multiple multiple trips to the dealership made me glad it was someone else's problem.

lgottler
October 14th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Wow, lots of stuff! I'm sure mud had nothing to do with short lifespan on some of the things!

My first and last new car experience was with my TJ. Bought new in 2000 with an extended 5 year warranty. If my memory serves me right the ONLY warranty item covered was when they reflashed the computer. They refused to do service after the first 2 months because I installed a winch and upgraded to 31" tires from the 30" factory ones. There were a few times I dropped it off so they could replace the window seal, but they never did because they said they couldn't get it to leak. I had to do all repairs myself including fan clutch, joints, etc... warranty was a scam, wasted my money buying it. Multiple dealers, always with some reason they couldn't or wouldn't repair it; huge winch on the front was reason for my over heating (fan clutch), oversized offroad tires 31" reason they wouldn't do any drivetrain work (2 front driveshafts) etc...

I'm shocked they actually replaced some of those things for you JK owners!

Ms.ZJ
October 14th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Mine is almost never off road.
I would have been more tolerant of the problems I had with this POS if I were wheeling it, but... I wasn't.
Its only been offroad a handful of times since the engine was replaced two years ago. It became completely unreliable and couldn't be trusted for long trips or wheeling, because of this, we have missed out on a lot of stuff.
Were hoping Joes jeep gets us back out on the trails.
I'm hoping my new to me jeep gets is everywhere else.

Greenway
October 15th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I didn't list the stuff I broke, bent, or otherwise damaged wheeling. Just the ones that should have survived on a trail rated vehicle.

Ms.ZJ
October 26th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Here is the cure to the crapmobile...
2012, most of the creature features, waiting for my hard top to be delivered to the dealership.
We've already started taking things off from it and putting other things on. LOL!
My old wheels and tires, new hood latches, leveling kit. It begins.

TJ/WILLYS
October 26th, 2014, 09:11 AM
I like it!

Greenway
October 26th, 2014, 10:59 PM
:thumb: