PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro From Mid LP

4wdgoalie
September 22nd, 2014, 02:36 AM
Checking in as a "New Member". I have been offroading for a long time but do not get a lot of surf/forum time. (No connection out in the barn). Stumbled across the website and instantly joined. Actually , it was a post on another forum by Timbercruiser , whom I have met in the past.
I'm a Cruiser guy , however my latest project has been completely rebuilding a 1985 Toyota Sunrader 4x4. I will try to attach a pic or 2. If you are unfamiliar it is an 18 ft motorhome on a 4 wheel drive Toyota Minitruck cab/chassis. I spent the last 8 months getting it ready for an adventure along the Continental Divide mostly in the Alpine Tundras of Central and South Western Colorado. It has been quite a project and I was able to get it functional enough for the trip..........but there is still a ways to go before completion. That little RV did the Alpine Loop in the San Juans as well as many other very short season off road passes.
I hope the pics load,
I hope that I haven't broken any forum rules yet,
and I hope to meet as many of you on the trail as possible.
Ron

WhiteRhino
September 22nd, 2014, 06:27 AM
Pics loaded great. Awesome pics! Welcome to the forum. Timbercruiser Dave is a great guy. In fact we will be seeing him this weekend at Gitchee Gumee.

Welcome aboard!

phittie1100
September 22nd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Posting pictures of a trip like that on a Monday morning should get you banned! Welcome to GLFWDA!

shawn
September 22nd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Nice! Welcome!

Jarhead
September 23rd, 2014, 06:16 AM
Howdy and Welcome Aboard! :wave:

Creative Fab
September 23rd, 2014, 07:47 PM
Sweet ride! Welcome home!!

4wdgoalie
September 24th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Posting pictures of a trip like that on a Monday morning should get you banned! Welcome to GLFWDA!

Hahaha , yea I usually play hockey Sunday nights and get quite a few Mondays off ........prolly won't be the last late night post.

Thanks for the Welcomes. I hope to be more involved as I slowly depress the clutch of life. Can't wait to catch a trail ride with ya'll......

Ron

DarinP
September 25th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I just love that truck, Ron. Where do I get one? :)

TJ/WILLYS
September 25th, 2014, 10:06 PM
:wave:

4wdgoalie
September 26th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I just love that truck, Ron. Where do I get one? :)

Well , the 4x4's are kinda rare. I believe there were only 27 ever produced in the mid-eighties. Current estimates are that there are only 16 left.
Its a two beer story on how I got this one hahaha
If I ever see another ill send ya the link tho.

Ms.ZJ
September 27th, 2014, 08:42 AM
:wave:

timbercruiser
October 3rd, 2014, 06:44 AM
I'm trying to remember when/where we've met. What did you drive before the camper?
Very neat rig!!

4wdgoalie
October 3rd, 2014, 10:46 PM
Usually wheel in a Land Cruiser. I bought a 60 with a rear locker from you years ago. And I believe we ran in the 1st annual U.P. Overland together. (?) , (Or was that Yooper?? ) My wife , Amy and I were in a green FZJ80 and both sons in a white one.
Hope to catch up at an event soon. Actually it was your post on mud about your clubs color tour run that got the pages to open that allowed me to find GLFWDA. So, Thanks for that eh

timbercruiser
October 19th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Usually wheel in a Land Cruiser. I bought a 60 with a rear locker from you years ago. And I believe we ran in the 1st annual U.P. Overland together. (?) , (Or was that Yooper?? ) My wife , Amy and I were in a green FZJ80 and both sons in a white one.
Hope to catch up at an event soon. Actually it was your post on mud about your clubs color tour run that got the pages to open that allowed me to find GLFWDA. So, Thanks for that eh

Oh yeah, you bought the 60 when you came up for a hockey game. Pics of the 60?

Greenway
October 20th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Nice pics and Welcome!

Rattler
October 20th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Whats up Ron? I knew it had to be you with that name. Cool "new" one you got there. Nice of you to join! Oh yea, Jimmy with the 60 I told you about said it is best to call in the afternoon. he is a lazy bastard!

4wdgoalie
October 22nd, 2014, 09:20 PM
Nice pics and Welcome!

Thank You Greenway
Hey Rattler , I prolly wont get to that for awhile. Crazy schedule next 3wks.
That 60 is still around Timbercruiser , my brother wheeled it for a bit. It somehow has been spared from the parts harvester.
Hmmmm , on second thought Rattler.....I may not get to that for quite awhile. I think i'll stop by my brothers place first.

hemrides
October 23rd, 2014, 08:35 PM
So how tippy is this rig?

4wdgoalie
November 16th, 2014, 01:55 AM
So how tippy is this rig?

The suspension is pretty soft so not too bad on the trail. Cornering at higher speeds is the biggest concern.
Off camber , departure angle and overall height (9'10") are the limiting factors. The trade off for taking your house on your back I guess.

Coyote Red
February 25th, 2015, 09:52 PM
That thing is awesome looking!!!!!