PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Shooters says Hi!

UncleShooter
July 17th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Hello my name is Uncle Shooter, got the name from playing in professional paint ball back 20 years ago when it was still a team sport.

I just purchased on 08 Rubicon Unlimited and have been fixing it up for some mild off road use Hi Jack, Piia Lights, Warn Winch, Line-x.

Call my Jeep Green Rubi as it is almost Military green in color. My amateur radio call sign is KD8VON and will be my license soon. I will have a 75 watt 2m and 70cm rig with antennas. Currently just have a 12 meter CB rig installed.

Got my OVR stickers from the State and discovered most of the State trails are 3 hours from Lansing.

I was wondering if there are any closer trails to Lansing than the State ones?

Also I am looking for a local club to have some people who have more experience than I with 4 wheel drive show me some tricks.

phittie1100
July 17th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Welcome to GLFWDA Uncle Shooter. Public trails are as close as the nearest state forest - the two tracks in the state forests are open to Secretary of State licensed vehicles as long as the road is passable in 2WD. But not much of a technical 4WD experience. Private parks are as close as Jerome (Bundy Hill) and Harrison (Rocks and Valleys) or over here at The Mounds near Flint. West Branch/St Helen are unfortunately about 2.5 hrs from you, that is the closest State of MI ORV Route from my estimation.

Greenway
July 17th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the forum. As far as local clubs go, I don't know of any in Lansing. What Lies Beyond is based in Flint and the Two Trackers are out of Grand Rapids. There are others farther away Southwest and East of you.

WhiteRhino
July 18th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Welcome

Ms.ZJ
July 18th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Welcome!