PDA

View Full Version : New Family from Barry County (Hastings, MI)

tvpatterson
June 20th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Hello,

My name is Tom and my wife is Laura..we are just starting to get into the 4x4 world and look forward to meeting others that have the same interest. We have a High Schooler at home, 2 little ones just beginning in school, three English Bulldogs (that all believe they are human too), and one crazy Ragamuffin cat who thinks he's a dog. I'm a "stay-at-home" parent and my wife is a Phyisician that works at our local hospital in Hastings.

Our Jeep is off being worked on by the guys at Unlimiited Offroad and look forward to getting it back so that we can get back out there and enjoy the outdoors with the top down! My wife currently drives a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and our "Toy" is a 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ / SE . We bought it locally and it wasn't in too bad of condition for it's age so it's getting cleaned up at the moment and can't wait to get it back.

Before I became a "stay-at-home" parent I worked in the Information Technology industry for a Healthcare I.T. Consulting firm and before that I served our beloved country as a United States Marine. If anyone else lives in our neck of the woods that have ideas of good locations to drive locally please contact me as we would like to get out on the trails. We are not currently a member of any of the affiliated clubs but I did join the GLFWDA this morning.

Sincerely,

Tom

lpm606
June 20th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Thanks for joining! You may want to look into www.twotrackers.org - they are a full roster club of GLFWDA located out on the west side. Great group of folks that know the area and will keep you on the trails!

phittie1100
June 20th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the Association, we look forward to seeing you on the trails

Greenway
June 20th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Welcome to GLFWDA. I'll second the Two Trackers as a great club to be in. We have events throughout the year. Kids and dogs are encouraged on the runs.

http://www.twotrackers.org/

We have a forum too, but you must be a member to get on there.

Jarhead
June 21st, 2014, 08:53 AM
Semper Fi and Welcome Aboard!

Ms.ZJ
June 21st, 2014, 10:34 AM
Welcome!
X3 on the Two Trackers. They're a very busy family oriented group.

Thank you for supporting the sport!

MattS
June 22nd, 2014, 01:05 PM
Welcome!

gnjeepn
June 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
I happen to be the membership director of the Two Trackers and while I currently live north of Grand Rapids. I was grew up in Hastings. Still have family there. If you have any interest in finding out more about the Two Trackers shoot me an e-mail at gnjeepn@gmail.com or check out our website. http://twotrackers.org

Bill

C130FltEng
July 1st, 2014, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the Association!! Hope to see you on the trails.

CheapthrillB2
July 4th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Welcome from a fellow barry county resident. I to live in Hastings.....although I tell people I live in Middleville lol. I am actually closer to Middleville then Hastings but have a hastings address.

The two tracks in yankee and barry state game area are good to scratch an occasional itch to get outdoors and ride around with the doors and top off.

tvpatterson
July 7th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. Click http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2857531&code=4d1cb83b718dc2263983d6768122a610 to look at the trails we did over the weekend in the Yankee Springs area. My wife drives a 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and has been using it on the trails since our 1999 Wrangler TJ is out being worked on. If your out and about and you see a black Overland on the trails feel free to come over and chat. We usually pick a place on the trails that her and our little ones will get out and pick up trash while I work on the trails cleaning them up from downed trees and stuff.

Tom

CheapthrillB2
July 8th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Theres a nice crossroads section starting where Wildwood ends into Yankee Springs road-follow east to Otis lake rd. Intersects with Shaw Rd and some nice tracks On Shaw between Gun Lake Rd. and Shaw Rd/Otis Lake Rd.

Also a Trail where S. Norris Rd ends at Cheif Noonday, the trails starts right next to house-entrance easily missed as it "appears" you have to turn the driveway of the house right there. That goes north/South and hooks up into the graves hill trail ending at Gun Lake Rd. You need a park pass to traverse that section.

tvpatterson
July 21st, 2014, 12:25 PM
My wife and I are heading out to two track now...thanks for the info on the trails. We finally got our "little red" back from the mod shop....stop us if you see us on the trails...

thanks again,

tom