PDA

View Full Version : Its awful quiet in here.... what are you up to!?!

Ms.ZJ
June 11th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Winter left (finally!) and the weather is prime for outdoor activities.
How have you been enjoying all that Michigan has to offer?
Wheeling? Camipng? Back yard or grad parties? Maybe you're super lucky and building a new pole barn or installing a pool or deck... What's going on?

phittie1100
June 11th, 2014, 06:37 AM
We were just talking about the craziness of our summer schedule over breakfast. I think every unmarried couple we know is getting married this summer, 1147 kids we know are graduating, having a tough time finding an entire weekend to get out of town and roast some marshmallows.

Sent from my electronic tether

Ms.ZJ
June 11th, 2014, 07:39 AM
We got lucky this summer, no grad parties or weddings to attend.
...that I am aware of.
Work is pretty busy with all the prep work for gard parties and welcoming new babies though.
We have actually been able to schedule a few weekends of wheeling for the first time in about 7 years. I'm really looking forward to getting face time with our friends.

Jarhead
June 11th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Preparing for UFWDA's AGM.
Open House, Open House, Open House which includes one of our Granddaughter's Graduating this year (12 grand-kids and still counting).
Wedding, Wedding, Wedding.
July will see camping at Mio Pines and will include canoeing; followed by camping in the Upper Peninsula to visit a few waterfalls and lighthouses (plus another wedding).
Prayerfully we will get the Hummer to Drummond Island in August in between yet more weddings and a family reunion.

gnjeepn
June 11th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Just got back from Drummond:monkeydance:

lgottler
June 11th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Work. The stupid busy kind where you pack 16 hours into a 10 hour day. I started taking my breaks in a closet so I could get a break wihout interruption. Then the same as everyone else, wedding, grad party, family reunion all at the same time in TN in July. Yard work. I did clean the garage out and major progress on jeep tweaks (I made a list).

ReiKo
June 11th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Work and planning for the wedding in Sept... While trying to get the truck back on the trails...

lousypirate
June 11th, 2014, 11:39 AM
trying to close on a house
buying parts for the jeep, building up said jeep.
trying to get my bass boat back out so I can continue to restore it
wedding I'm in first weekend in sept in Knoxville, TN.

Prepping for a few off road trips this summer! couple dirt track races, some fishing, hopefully some camping... the list goes on. Only 1 wedding this year! no grad parties. It's a dream come true.

DDS4X4
June 11th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Preparing for UFWDA's AGM.
Open House, Open House, Open House which includes one of our Granddaughter's Graduating this year (12 grand-kids and still counting).
Wedding, Wedding, Wedding.
July will see camping at Mio Pines and will include canoeing; followed by camping in the Upper Peninsula to visit a few waterfalls and lighthouses (plus another wedding).
Prayerfully we will get the Hummer to Drummond Island in August in between yet more weddings and a family reunion.

You still have said H2 and you still know where/how to run trails??
Like I should talk
My WJ hasn't seen trail duty since Oct 2012
The good news it did move from the middle of the garage, off jack stands, to parked in its normal place and almost ready
Now I need to find some time to get away, um August, um maybe :)

Jarhead
June 12th, 2014, 07:55 AM
You still have said H2 and you still know where/how to run trails??
Like I should talk
My WJ hasn't seen trail duty since Oct 2012
The good news it did move from the middle of the garage, off jack stands, to parked in its normal place and almost ready
Now I need to find some time to get away, um August, um maybe :)
:lmao:
The Hummer spends way to much time on the trailer and being an obstacle in our driveway. An annual retreat to Drummond in August has been our reprieve for far to many years now.
Now if I had a rig that could haul my Hummer and 35" Travel Trailer at the same time :rolleyes: (probably be too long and I do not have a CDL).

ReiKo
June 12th, 2014, 12:59 PM
:lmao:
The Hummer spends way to much time on the trailer and being an obstacle in our driveway. An annual retreat to Drummond in August has been our reprieve for far to many years now.
Now if I had a rig that could haul my Hummer and 35" Travel Trailer at the same time :rolleyes: (probably be too long and I do not have a CDL).

Private use is 65ft IIRC...

Creative Fab
June 12th, 2014, 04:25 PM
We are trying to get the bank paperwork approved for a barndominium build, in the meantime doing site prep work and taking as many camping trips as we can before we start building. plus the obligatory grad parties and weddings, which seems to be a theme in this thread.

Ms.ZJ
June 12th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Barndominium?
Like rows of garage space with electricity, air and so on?

...Never mind. I googled it!
Those things are sweet!

Creative Fab
June 13th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Barndominium?
Like rows of garage space with electricity, air and so on?

...Never mind. I googled it!
Those things are sweet!

Sweet indeed, and so is my wife for wanting one also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarhead
June 13th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Private use is 65ft IIRC...
Yeah, I knew 65 feet was my limit.
Time to upgrade my "S" endorsement and buy a Freightliner with a flatbed....

Ms.ZJ
June 13th, 2014, 09:53 PM
So... The cats out of the bag and this is what we're up to...
We buying another Jeep!
We will pick it up on Friday.
Pix to come!
Edit:
http://www.cascade4wd.com/projects/04_Jeep_Rubicon_Jim/Jim_crawling_LG.jpg
A few of you may recognize it. :)

Ms.ZJ
June 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hmmm. Still too quiet in here.

MattS
June 14th, 2014, 03:50 PM
We've been working in the yard along with the usual family madness. I've also been slowly poking at these axles in my garage so I can hopefully get them under my my Jeep in the next year.

ReiKo
June 18th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I knew 65 feet was my limit.
Time to upgrade my "S" endorsement and buy a Freightliner with a flatbed....

For some reason I remember race guys always pulling a permit to go longer for private based...

Creative Fab
June 19th, 2014, 01:09 PM
It's now 72'

Coyote Red
June 19th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Just trying to keepy head above water with school before I burry myself in work and a restoration project.

phittie1100
June 21st, 2014, 10:39 AM
Finally got to spend some time under the Jeep last night - added sway bar disconnects, replaced the steering stabilizer and started the install of the trailer brake controller. Next up - body lift, motor mount lift and new t-case shifter.

Gogolen
June 21st, 2014, 12:19 PM
Finally got to spend some time under the Jeep last night - added sway bar disconnects, replaced the steering stabilizer and started the install of the trailer brake controller. Next up - body lift, motor mount lift and new t-case shifter.

Find your oil leak yet, or is just sweat from all that horsepower?

phittie1100
June 21st, 2014, 02:01 PM
Rust hole through the oil pan, new pan and skid from Ironman got me all fixed up. The protective layer of mud and dirt on the underside made it difficult to spot.

Ms.ZJ
June 21st, 2014, 02:46 PM
A clean Jeep is a confused Jeep.
I finally got around to removing all the pollen and oak tree boogars from the inside of the JK. I may be able to stop taking one of the three allergy meds on now.

MattS
June 22nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Latest of the week, my general class ham privileges have shown up in the system, along with that my wife got her new call too!

Ms.ZJ
June 23rd, 2014, 05:35 AM
I want a redo on that weekend.
It doesn't seem like it was a whole weekend at all, I feel jipped!

fsumotorhead
June 23rd, 2014, 07:06 AM
Latest of the week, my general class ham privileges have shown up in the system, along with that my wife got her new call too!

congrats!

Greenway
June 23rd, 2014, 10:21 PM
Matt, congrats on the upgrade

Ms.ZJ
June 24th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Its sticky and gross outside. :(

phittie1100
June 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM
What Lies Beyond Jeep Club hosted their first UFWDA 4WD Awareness Training session at Rocks and Valleys on Saturday 6/28/14. Ron and his crew were GREAT to work with (didn't expect anything different, but always nice to reinforce it), they provided a private room in the clubhouse for our multi-media presentation, they made us box lunches, and then we hit the park for a couple hours of hands-on practice. Not to "dis" the Mounds, but when we tried to use the Mounds a couple of years ago we found the big mud holes and impossibly tight trails to be a big negative to our students who are frequently stepping outside of their comfort zone for the first time in a shiny, nearly-new Jeep or truck.

We had 7 participants, a mix of club members and Facebook friends, young and old, new and not-so-new to the sport. We are still waiting to collect all of the evaluation forms, but since no one threw rocks at us on their way out of the park, we assume it was at least a partial success.

Ms.ZJ
July 1st, 2014, 06:52 AM
I have been unable to obtain more than 4 hours of sleep a night for more than two weeks now. Apparently, it shows. I walked into work yesterday and was asked " what happened to you" then was told "you look like crap"
:(
I has a sad and a dang I'm tired.

C130FltEng
July 1st, 2014, 10:19 AM
Michelle, no sleep?? How's that new TJ doing?

Ms.ZJ
July 1st, 2014, 11:25 AM
Between work schedules, barking dogs, heat, loud s#!tty rap music, and the usual neighbor-hood antics, I haven't been sleeping well at all.
That new TJ is beyond awesome!
Joe is doing a lot of PM and M on it. He's doing axle shafts and joints today, and has also installed new LED head lights and a 50" LED light bar with A pillar brackets.

I gotta say... I am suffering severely from Jeep envy!

C130FltEng
July 2nd, 2014, 12:11 PM
Can't wait to see you guys out in it!!

Ms.ZJ
July 5th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I hope you all had a terrific holiday, we sure did, and the dogs are finally calming down now too!
Poor puppies :(
Joe and I spent the day getting the doors off the TJ(first time ever) and rebuilding/installing axle shafts. This job is so close, yet so far away from being complete.
A simple but impossible to find washer is holding us up!
The dealership doesn't even carry it anymore.

Anyone know where we can get or have a 27 spline axle shaft washer?
It looks like this.
http://www.quad4x4.com/images/qu40079sj_small.jpg

Thought to be from a 90-97 ford ranger

ReiKo
July 5th, 2014, 08:08 AM
I hope you all had a terrific holiday, we sure did, and the dogs are finally calming down now too!
Poor puppies :(
Joe and I spent the day getting the doors off the TJ(first time ever) and rebuilding/installing axle shafts. This job is so close, yet so far away from being complete.
A simple but impossible to find washer is holding us up!
The dealership doesn't even carry it anymore.

Anyone know where we can get or have a 27 spline axle shaft washer?
It looks like this.
http://www.quad4x4.com/images/qu40079sj_small.jpg

Thought to be from a 90-97 ford ranger

Have you called DTS? They usually have all that odd ball stuff....

Ms.ZJ
July 5th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Not yet. I wonder if they're even opened today... It's worth a shot! Anything to get this back together.

Ms.ZJ
July 5th, 2014, 08:21 AM
They are not open today. I'll try again Monday.

phittie1100
July 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Got the motor mount lift installed, got 10 out of 11 body mount bolts out to start the body lift, but #11 won't budge. Waiting for PB Blaster to do it's thing so I got the trailer brake controller and all of the related wiring done. Taking a dinner break, headed back out for another round of PB Blaster and then start working on the Novak shifter for my t-case.

Ms.ZJ
July 7th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Back together!
jhnyquest is DA man!

We spent yesterday with our favorite couple (Rick &Ginger)
Hauled out the camping gear, set up tents, sorted through stuff, put the TJ back together, cracked a ton of jokes about how being old has tarnished our skills, and had a great meal.

These are some of the things that make life awesome!

Greenway
July 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I'm on vacation. So that means I must power wash the porch. Fix a light switch. Change the battery in the boat. Change the electrical connector on the boat hoist. Cut firewood. Fix a torn screen. Hang curtain rods. Install an air conditioner. Extend the dock. Mow the lawn. Caulk up cracks that insects are using to get in. Fix the porch floor. Change a light fixture. Shop for my son's birthday present. Clean up dog poop. Try to sleep through nightly neighborhood fireworks. Spray for ants. Take dogs to groomer. Take dogs to vet. Saturday I get to wheel with the Two Trackers.

I love being on vacation

Ms.ZJ
July 8th, 2014, 08:11 AM
I'm on vacation. So that means I must power wash the porch. Fix a light switch. Change the battery in the boat. Change the electrical connector on the boat hoist. Cut firewood. Fix a torn screen. Hang curtain rods. Install an air conditioner. Extend the dock. Mow the lawn. Caulk up cracks that insects are using to get in. Fix the porch floor. Change a light fixture. Shop for my son's birthday present. Clean up dog poop. Try to sleep through nightly neighborhood fireworks. Spray for ants. Take dogs to groomer. Take dogs to vet. Saturday I get to wheel with the Two Trackers.

I love being on vacation
You need a vacation from your vacation.

fishyOO7
July 8th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I'm redoing the showing in my basement...

Jeep needs work. Seems a little loose in the rear. Front end has some vibrations. Think the rear brakes are making noise. Need new shocks. The fun never ends.

Ms.ZJ
July 8th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I'm redoing the showing in my basement...

Jeep needs work. Seems a little loose in the rear. Front end has some vibrations. Think the rear brakes are making noise. Need new shocks. The fun never ends.
I just got mine back yesterday, it went in on wednesday.
1 New caliper, rear pads, resurfaced rear rotors, idler arm pully, axle shaft bearings, axle shaft rings, axle shaft seals, and driveshaft seals.
You're right, it doesn't ever end.

Ms.ZJ
July 9th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I woke up super excited that it was Wednesday and I only has two days of work left this week before we pack up and leave for St. Helen.

...I'm sure you can guess how very sad I am now that I've had some coffee, woke up a little and hit the reality wall of that all being a week away still.
GAH!

lousypirate
July 9th, 2014, 12:12 PM
XJ: new brake lines, ford 8.8, locker, exhaust

Quadrasteer 1500hd: 93 octane tune, electric fans. ready for st. helen.

On the block for future repairs/mods...

XJ: frame stiffeners, rockers/boatside?

Miley: Rocker replacement :(

Also, closing on a house friday... hoping to move in in 24 hours.

yj_hank
July 10th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I just installed a new Hellwig sway bar on the front of the bronco and what a difference it made. Now I am just doing some maintenance on my truck so I can pull the bronco up to Silver Lake for the weekend of July 17th-20th. I am really looking forward to getting out of the office.

Henry

phittie1100
July 10th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I just installed a new Hellwig sway bar on the front of the bronco and what a difference it made. Now I am just doing some maintenance on my truck so I can pull the bronco up to Silver Lake for the weekend of July 17th-20th. I am really looking forward to getting out of the office.

Henry

Henry - we will be up there the same weekend with the gang from What Lies Beyond. Not sure what sites, but staying at the State Park. Trying to get my Jeep back together in time so I don't have to beg my wife to borrow the Durango, the dunes require a topless experience.

WhiteRhino
July 10th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Henry - we will be up there the same weekend with the gang from What Lies Beyond. Not sure what sites, but staying at the State Park. Trying to get my Jeep back together in time so I don't have to beg my wife to borrow the Durango, the dunes require a topless experience.

Mental image of Paul topless = eek

fsumotorhead
July 10th, 2014, 09:21 PM
My never ending kitchen project, started this project two days after our youngest was born, almost three months ago.

Ripped out ****ty tile from kitchen - check
Level floor - check
Put down new floor - check
Paint kitchen - check
Put up new trim - FML, I've been working on this for hours today and only coped 19 out of the 26 joints so far, when will it end....

Still to go

Caulk and Paint trim -
Thresholds -
Done - ???

Ms.ZJ
July 13th, 2014, 11:37 AM
My never ending kitchen project, started this project two days after our youngest was born, almost three months ago.

Ripped out ****ty tile from kitchen - check
Level floor - check
Put down new floor - check
Paint kitchen - check
Put up new trim - FML, I've been working on this for hours today and only coped 19 out of the 26 joints so far, when will it end....

Still to go

Caulk and Paint trim -
Thresholds -
Done - ???
This all sounds like zero fun to me.
...which may explain my lack of enthusiasm for doing the same to my own very outdated kitchen.

Ms.ZJ
July 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

yj_hank
July 23rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Just got a new water temp gauge for the bronco. I have been driving for two years without one and it was making me nervous. Glad to have this up and working.

Henry

Greenway
July 23rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
Doing this year's repairs on the camper getting it ready for drummond island.

Installed a drain valve and pipe extention on the parts washer so I can drain the solvent easier.

Gave the snowblower its annual summer inspection. The drive wheels were slipping last winter and I needed to find out why.

Ms.ZJ
July 25th, 2014, 11:47 AM
It smells like fish in the break room today. LOL
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/25/adatesyv.jpg

phittie1100
July 25th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jeep Spanx via UPS (my new cleaner belly skid) this afternoon

edit - I have to admit I have never ordered a t-case skid before, but I was not expecting a bare-metal 61lb slab of steel with a couple of UPS shipping stickers. However, if it had any risk of being damaged during shipping, I should have bought a tought skid plate!

WhiteRhino
July 25th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Now you need corner guards.:rolleyes:

phittie1100
July 25th, 2014, 03:56 PM
All these years of banging my longer-than-a-CJ/YJ/TJ Jeep around and I have never crunched a corner before. Oops.

WhiteRhino
July 25th, 2014, 04:18 PM
That's what you get for showing off. tsk tsk

yj_hank
July 29th, 2014, 08:36 PM
All these years of banging my longer-than-a-CJ/YJ/TJ Jeep around and I have never crunched a corner before. Oops.

Lets see a pic of the oops and the monster skid plate.

Henry

phittie1100
July 30th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Just a little Ooops
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/phittie1100/Cement/IMG_20140725_080942_608.jpg (http://s98.photobucket.com/user/phittie1100/media/Cement/IMG_20140725_080942_608.jpg.html)

New skid
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/phittie1100/Bundy%20Hill%209-8-12/IMG_20140727_094707_965.jpg (http://s98.photobucket.com/user/phittie1100/media/Bundy%20Hill%209-8-12/IMG_20140727_094707_965.jpg.html)

Ironman Offroad
July 30th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Getting real tired of a broken Jeep but very thankfull for a bunch of new custmers keeping Ironman Offroad busy! Thanks.

phittie1100
August 1st, 2014, 07:27 AM
Wrenchfest at Dale's!! Tell us a time and a day...I like pepperoni and mushrooms.

WhiteRhino
August 1st, 2014, 02:22 PM
What is the scoop Dale? Do you need help?

Greenway
August 10th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Packing for DOA

fsumotorhead
August 11th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Packing for DOA

My packing list is pretty short since I am just a passenger!

Ms.ZJ
September 6th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Day 10 of the worst summer cold/sinus and ear infection turning to bronchitis I can ever remember having. I am not a happy camper. I am so crabby I don't even like myself. :(

Whiner out.

TJ/WILLYS
February 14th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Bringing this back-up just wondering what everyone's been doing? I have been rebuilding the engine in a 8n.

Ms.ZJ
February 15th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I don't even know what an 8n is.
Also doing some wrenching. Joe has been working fevershily (with the help of Robb and myself, occasionally)on the TJ for a couple of weeks, we are hoping it's ready for the jeep blessing.
Lots of new parts
Shocks, bags, axle seals, axle tube seals, complete rebuild of the SwayLOC system
Lots of por15, led rock lights, tail lights, markers/signals, headlights.
There is still a lot to do...the interrior is still in our basement. :lmao:

Robb was a HUGE help yesterday! Super smart kid and really knows his way around an axle!

Greenway
February 15th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Winter left (finally!) and the weather is prime for outdoor activities.

Just reminding you of this for the irony. :poke:

Ms.ZJ
February 16th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Just reminding you of this for the irony. :poke:

It will most likely be June again before I can repeat that statement. :(

joe & jeep
February 16th, 2015, 07:06 PM
I need to check out my rear axle, to see why the pinion shaft is loose

lgottler
February 17th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Mine is buried under all my shed contents. You can tell its a jeep because you can see two headlights. Moving sucks.

Ms.ZJ
March 11th, 2015, 04:40 PM
51 and Sunny
...Drove home with the windows down and the radio up. :)

phittie1100
March 11th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Jonathon has already been asking when the first day to drive topless will be...seems now that he is a driver, not a rider, his temperature tolerance has moved south a few degrees.

Ms.ZJ
March 12th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Jonathon has already been asking when the first day to drive topless will be...seems now that he is a driver, not a rider, his temperature tolerance has moved south a few degrees.

I only had the top off once ...maybe twice all summer last year, it was just not warm enough to be topless.
I wore long sleeves or a sweatshirt way too much last year.
I seriously hope this summer is warmer.