PDA

View Full Version : anybody got a spare spare

joe_jeep
March 4th, 2006, 01:35 AM
im running 35 in mtrs right now. i got a stock spare tire. but i dont wanna offend anyone on a trail run not having a spare within 3 in of tire size! so i guess i need a tire 32, 33, or 35 in tall. any brand, any shape if it holds air. i got a stock rim, but if u had a cheap one on a rim id be interested. before the quarterly would be good!! i hate to buy a new tire to be a spare!!! thx alot

MuddyPaws
March 14th, 2006, 10:39 AM
:blink: Why would you hate to buy a tire to be a spare? You can rotate that tire in with the rest and extend the life of the tires buy quite a while.

joe_jeep
March 14th, 2006, 10:59 AM
ya your right, but the other 4 i got are about half gone tread wise. and i will b going to a larger tire of a different brand. and mine are radials and my next set wont b. i got a set of old 33's bfg mt's, and i got a stock rim, so im gonna make one of those b a spare. they got about 10% tread left but, be ok for a spare. im just a cheap sob and dont wanna drop the money on a "new" tire that i wont use except to get off the trail to my trailer. your very right on the rotation of the tires though, cant argue with ya there!

Kixx007
March 25th, 2006, 02:14 AM
I've got some bald 32" A/Ts that seem to hold air. you could have one, rim and all.

I have a buddy who might still have some used goodyear mtr's. I'll check with him tomorrow for a price.

joe_jeep
March 25th, 2006, 05:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kixx007 &#064; Mar 25 2006, 01&#58;14 AM) 12390</div>

I&#39;ve got some bald 32" A/Ts that seem to hold air. you could have one, rim and all.

I have a buddy who might still have some used goodyear mtr&#39;s. I&#39;ll check with him tomorrow for a price.
[/b]
sweet, what kinda rim. i got some beat 33&#39;s, but only a factory rim backspacing is a little deep, but might work in a bind. be interested if the rim is aftermarket. other wise i pretty much got the smae set up already. thx though
where u from?

Kixx007
March 25th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Its a stock rim. So you probably wouldnt want it.

The mtrs are 35". And are located in Chsterfield.

I am in Ypsilanti.

WhiteRhino
March 25th, 2006, 10:17 PM
There will not be a spare tire requirement at the dunes.

2 reasons.
First, this is not a formal GL trail ride. Second, IMO, a small localized park like the dunes is not a place that requires a spare. The Trial Ride Committee is looking at revamping the tire requirement to be more subjective based upon the specific ride and location. So if you are looking for a spare prior to the quarterly, although always a good idea, it is not necessary.

As a side note, I never carry a spare at the dunes.

Jim

joe_jeep
March 26th, 2006, 02:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Mar 25 2006, 09&#58;17 PM) 12408</div>

There will not be a spare tire requirement at the dunes.

2 reasons.
First, this is not a formal GL trail ride. Second, IMO, a small localized park like the dunes is not a place that requires a spare. The Trial Ride Committee is looking at revamping the tire requirement to be more subjective based upon the specific ride and location. So if you are looking for a spare prior to the quarterly, although always a good idea, it is not necessary.

As a side note, I never carry a spare at the dunes.

Jim
[/b]
thx for the info&#33; i got a spare, and it is brand new, but its stock 225/75/15 wrangler se spare. i got a set of old bfg mt 33&#39;s also. thinkin bout puttin a 33 on the factory rim?? plus i will ruin a tire to get off the trail&#33;&#33; no problem there.
i need new tires anyway&#33;