PDA

View Full Version : Home page awesomeness!!!!

Ms.ZJ
May 5th, 2014, 06:32 AM
GLFWDA Member Appreciation fun :)

Creepy and I haven't ever spent any time wheeling, camping or anything else in the area. We would like to camp, tent style.
You guys have wheeling and other Saturday fun covered, Thank YOU!
Camping?
Fishing?
Food? Where is the best burger or burrito in the area?
Are there any points of interest we HAVE to see?

We are planning on coming up early Friday, setting up camp, and then...???
Wheeling Saturday, and more ??? Sunday before we have to pack it all up and go back to reality.
Help us fill up the ???'s

landj
May 5th, 2014, 07:44 AM
The Township park for camping has tent style or full hook up. Lake St. Helen for fishing. Hen House has a good burger.

Ms.ZJ
May 5th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Thank You!
Its going to be a long few weeks waiting for this date!
We've been stick on pavement for way too long and are just getting back on the dirt after a very long (two year)stint on the side lines.

Beyond excited! :)

fsumotorhead
May 5th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Of course I'm without a wheeling rig :( , I may come up for the camping though!

Ms.ZJ
May 5th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I have open seats.
I'd even ride in the back and let you have shot gun.

lgottler
May 5th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I wont know until week of, coming back from a week long trip that Wednesday, so work might prevent more fun! Maybe I can bring a few of my girls...

Ms.ZJ
May 6th, 2014, 05:51 AM
What dish to pass will you be bringing?

It may be a good idea to post that info here so we don't end up with 30 bowls of potato salad. :blink:

Ms.ZJ
May 6th, 2014, 07:25 AM
I haven't decided what I'm doing yet.
what would you like to see on the table?

indy
May 6th, 2014, 07:50 AM
I have 12 full hook up sites resereved, the township park has 40 tent sites available. Tell Dennis you are coming up for this event.
Jim

FORD FLARESIDE
May 6th, 2014, 07:57 AM
My Son and I plan on doing the Tent thing. Now that I know there is fishing available too, I may just have to trailer the canoe, and Wood smoker.

Ms.ZJ
May 6th, 2014, 08:07 AM
We are waiting for a vacation approval or denial from creepys employer,if approved, we would definitely like one of those camping spots!

Ms.ZJ
May 6th, 2014, 08:09 AM
My Son and I plan on doing the Tent thing. Now that I know there is fishing available too, I may just have to trailer the canoe, and Wood smoker.
This makes me VERY happy! I could spend an entire day with a line in the water talking with you. :)

WhiteRhino
May 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Hope everyone has fun. We always stick close to home during July.

phittie1100
May 7th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Bummer. That is the weekend we will be returning from a week of fishing in the Canadian wilderness. We could stop in with the boat (and cooler of fish!) in tow Saturday night, but you would probably smell us coming and relocate before we found you (we camp on a rock in the middle of a lake with no bath or toilet facilities except those provided by Mother Nature). Have fun, we will try to make it the next time!

lgottler
May 7th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I dont care how bad you smell if you brought fish to cook over the fire!

Ms.ZJ
May 8th, 2014, 05:12 AM
:unsure::unsure:Still waiting for vacation day approval... :unsure:

lousypirate
May 21st, 2014, 11:23 AM
GLFWDA Member Appreciation fun :)

Creepy and I haven't ever spent any time wheeling, camping or anything else in the area. We would like to camp, tent style.
You guys have wheeling and other Saturday fun covered, Thank YOU!
Camping?
Fishing?
Food? Where is the best burger or burrito in the area?
Are there any points of interest we HAVE to see?

We are planning on coming up early Friday, setting up camp, and then...???
Wheeling Saturday, and more ??? Sunday before we have to pack it all up and go back to reality.
Help us fill up the ???'s

x2

Ms.ZJ
May 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Vacation granted!
Registration printed, filled out and waiting for the mail lady to get it to Jim. :)

Ms.ZJ
May 23rd, 2014, 04:52 PM
The Township park for camping has tent style or full hook up. Lake St. Helen for fishing. Hen House has a good burger.
Would this be the St Helen campground located on Airport Rd?
http://www.sainthelenchamber.net/page04.html

Ms.ZJ
May 24th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Would this be the St Helen campground located on Airport Rd?
http://www.sainthelenchamber.net/page04.html

Does anyone know???

shawn
May 25th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty sure it us. After the weekend, I'll catch up with Indy and make sure.

Ms.ZJ
May 26th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it us. After the weekend, I'll catch up with Indy and make sure.
Thanks, Shawn, but... The campground people finally called back late yesterday and confirmed.
We will be making our reservation on Tuesday when the CoC is opened.

FYI!
if you want a camp fire at your site, you will have to ask for a fire ring, they don't leave them out... People steal them. :(

fsumotorhead
May 28th, 2014, 07:03 AM
I hope I can make it. I took all three of our kids camping this past weekend (ages 3, 21mo, 1mo), lets just say the wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to camp in July with the kids.

Normally my 2-3 wheeling trip per year are my "outlet" giving me a chance to unwind and decompress without work or family stresses ( read: drink, cuss/swear, eat crappy, etc.) . But since I don't have a wheeler, I'll probably be comming for a purely social acpect, and plan to bring at least two of my kids, maybe even the wife!

lousypirate
June 3rd, 2014, 11:30 AM
Planning on mailing in my registration this week. I'll likely be in the 03 sierra 1500hd... unless I end up with the XJ for the weekend :)

I really only need a place to park though, not a whole camp site for just one dude living out of his truck. I don't like to have to pitch a big old tent, when I have a nice fiberglass topper and a cot :thumb:

Ms.ZJ
June 3rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
They don't take reservations!

I was also informed there is plenty of room for camping and that they don't even fill up on the 4th of July.
...which according to them is their busiest weekend.

lousypirate
June 3rd, 2014, 12:49 PM
They don't take reservations!

I was also informed there is plenty of room for camping and that they don't even fill up on the 4th of July.
...which according to them is their busiest weekend.

good to know. try to save a parking spot next to you then for myself :)

lousypirate
June 4th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Registration is in the mail.

I will make my wife bake some dessert to pass... most likely.

MattS
June 4th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Our registration is sent in and we'll be there!

lousypirate
June 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I will have room for up to 3 in whichever ride I take up.

I can't promis you my rides will be the most H@RdKoREZ, but I should be make up for that in entertainment value.

fsumotorhead
June 16th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Sending out my registration today.

Ms.ZJ
June 16th, 2014, 07:23 AM
We will have the new Jeep for this one.
...never done any crawling, hope I don't p.
:lol:

fsumotorhead
June 16th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I'll have our new Jeep as well, it still looks like new, but is bound to have some scratches and dents soon enough.

Ms.ZJ
June 16th, 2014, 07:34 AM
I'll have our new Jeep as well, it still looks like new, but is bound to have some scratches and dents soon enough.
Scratches and dents:
Every single one of them is a page in the scrapbook. Each has a story attached and most of them make us smile every time we see them!

fsumotorhead
June 16th, 2014, 07:44 AM
We bought our first Jeep a while back. I decided to avoid the problems that come with buying used, so we bought a new one. Unfortunately, the Jeep is noisy, slow, and the range is terrible, but it does provide a tremendous amount of for our girls who love riding in it.

Sorry all I have is a crappy cell phone pic...

LOL,
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/fsumotorhead/IMG_20140607_172241_zps7b72e0f1.jpg

Ms.ZJ
June 16th, 2014, 08:52 AM
We bought our first Jeep a while back. I decided to avoid the problems that come with buying used, so we bought a new one. Unfortunately, the Jeep is noisy, slow, and the range is terrible, but it does provide a tremendous amount of for our girls who love riding in it.

Sorry all I have is a crappy cell phone pic...

LOL,
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/fsumotorhead/IMG_20140607_172241_zps7b72e0f1.jpg
Hahahaha!!! I love it!

Gogolen
June 17th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Sending my registration today.

ReiKo
June 18th, 2014, 03:07 PM
As of right now count me out... Floor is getting cut out... :(

phittie1100
June 18th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Scratches and dents:
Every single one of them is a page in the scrapbook. Each has a story attached and most of them make us smile every time we see them!

Right up until you file an insurance claim when you bang it up, and all of those "memories" get added to the estimate and they total out your trusty steed :(

Ms.ZJ
June 18th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Right up until you file an insurance claim when you bang it up, and all of those "memories" get added to the estimate and they total out your trusty steed :(
they fixed mine and made me pay dearly for it for the next three years. 0.o

lousypirate
July 9th, 2014, 12:10 PM
really excited to test my quadrasteer out on the trails.

Michelle, it's a "scrapebook", not a scrapbook :)