PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fun ways to Volenteer? Mio Route Trail Maintenance

TWEAK
March 30th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Looking for a fun way to volunteer and give back to the sport? We currently have a section of ORV Route that GLFWDA has been maintaining that we are looking for someone to take ownership of. Doing trail maintenance is fun, easy and gives you a way to give back to the trails you love. Here is what is involved in the maintenance:

- Maintenance to be completed twice a year (once before Memorial Day, and once before Labor Day)
- All ORV Routes are large enough for a Full Size Truck and passable in 2WD
- Replace any missing signage (i.e. Stop Sign, Stop Ahead, etc).
- Clear any downed trees or overgrown brush.

We are paid for each mile that is maintained and at the end of the year each group/individual that maintains some of our miles will get reimbursed for the miles done. This helps to pay for fuel, wear & tear, etc so your only investment is your time! :thumb: Many of our routes are maintained by clubs, but we do have a few individuals that maintain routes as well.

Here is a map of the route (note that this is just for the 15 mile route, not the entire system): http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/forestslandwater/ORV/Maps-Trail/Mio_Trail_and_Route.pdf

We would be happy to have someone tag along for your first time so you know what to do. Let us know if you can help!

Gogolen
March 31st, 2014, 08:45 AM
I'd be interested, I hunt off of that route and am up there quite a bit.

TWEAK
March 31st, 2014, 09:00 AM
Awesome! :thumb: I will send you a personal message for more details!

WhiteRhino
March 31st, 2014, 09:33 AM
I suggest posting it on GL4x4 with a heading of "Want to help out with the DNR? Here's a way to get started" or something of that sort.

shawn
March 31st, 2014, 02:15 PM
I like that idea Jim. Find a club that wants to help out. I'm not sure SoFO wants to accept another route, I think we have our hands full with what we already have.

TWEAK
March 31st, 2014, 02:28 PM
Per the below it sounds like Gogolen is interested in taking the route, but if that falls through then I will cross post on GL4x4.

oz97tj
April 5th, 2014, 04:28 PM
If he needs a hand, I'd love to help out!

TWEAK
April 6th, 2014, 12:49 PM
We get opportunities for other route to maintain as well, so if you or your club in interested in adopting a route let me know and we will find something for you. :thumb:

oz97tj
April 8th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Count me in. Tell me where to go.

Greenway
April 8th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Ryan AND Oz? Hell, I cant miss this. I'm in if I have the day open. Most days are. Every other weekend is.

Gogolen
April 9th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Should be fun!

oz97tj
April 24th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I still havent been told where to go. Somebody please tell me where to go.

I'm leaving the door wiiiiiiide open here...

TWEAK
April 24th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Gogolen took the Mini route... there are no other routes available at the moment, but when something comes available I will reach out to the masses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk