PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Meeting dates and times?

lgottler
December 28th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Title says all....My 5 minute search has ended....

Lucas

Ironman Offroad
December 28th, 2013, 06:09 PM
The winter quarterly is on Friday night in conjunction with SnoFari.Friday, January 24th I believe at 6pm. Quality Inn, West Branch.

Ms.ZJ
December 29th, 2013, 10:50 AM
The winter quarterly is on Friday night in conjunction with SnoFari.Friday, January 24th I believe at 6pm. Quality Inn, West Branch.

This is the only one I have any information on as well.

Ironman Offroad
January 14th, 2014, 08:25 PM
5pm is the the official time!!!

fsumotorhead
January 15th, 2014, 08:33 AM
5pm is the the official time!!!

Thanks!

hemrides
January 15th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I understand why the 01/24 meeting is tied to Snofari. Why on a Friday night? If you work it would be hard to get to the meeting at 17:00 or 18:00. Can't it be moved back to 20:00 or to Saturday? Would give folks more time to get there.

phittie1100
January 15th, 2014, 09:48 AM
We used to hold our meetings on Sunday morning after the SnoFari events for the weekend. While 6 of us held a meeting, 37 others were loading Jeep, families and kids for the ride home; 11 more were waking up in blury haze trying to remember what county they were in; and 3 were recovering a vehicle that never made it off the trail the day before. When we moved it to Friday night we captured 30-60 people already in the motel without a serious disruption to the weekend events. Makes it a pain if you are trying to come just for the meeting though. Saturday doesn't work - groups start lining up to leave the hotel right after breakfast, and we struggle to get them all back in time for the banquet Saturday night (especially if they make the mistake of signing up for my run).

WhiteRhino
January 15th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I think Friday makes the most sense for the casual "I'll go check it out person". For those that actually plan to attend the meeting, I prefer early Sunday.
I would rather socialize Friday evening, have dinner and decide if I want to go on a night run. But oh well, I'm not setting the schedule so my opinion isn't that important.

phittie1100
January 16th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I think Friday makes the most sense for the casual "I'll go check it out person". For those that actually plan to attend the meeting, I prefer early Sunday.
I would rather socialize Friday evening, have dinner and decide if I want to go on a night run. But oh well, I'm not setting the schedule so my opinion isn't that important.

As a member of the newly formed Marketing Committee, I would tell you to watch your e-mail and/or here on the forums. We are going to be developing one or more short surveys to ask some questions just like this one - the Association needs to make sure it stays in line with the needs/wants/desires of the members because without members, there is no Association. Your opinion does count - and even more importantly we need to make sure we are getting feedback from those who are less comfortable about voicing their interests/concerns/priorities than you are.

hemrides
January 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Here is another idea. What happened to the phone meeting line, or an internet connection for those that won't or can't make the drive?

Dave

Ms.ZJ
January 16th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Here is another idea. What happened to the phone meeting line, or an internet connection for those that won't or can't make the drive?

Dave
This.
I will not be there. I could also just send a report to ??????

WhiteRhino
January 16th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Are our officers going to be there? They're certainly not here.

Ironman Offroad
January 17th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I will be there!!!!!!!!!
I will be taking the minutes of this most exciting and informative meeting!!!!
I am so excited I can hardly wait until Friday at 5 pm.
Won't a bunch of you join us?

WhiteRhino
January 18th, 2014, 08:00 AM
You sure you want me to join you? LOL

lpm606
January 18th, 2014, 09:00 AM

Dave

Just looked into this and poked the President to see if we can get it set up for this meeting... I know it is kinda last minute, but hopefully the BOD can come through with a web meeting/conference call format for those that can't make it to West Branch by 5:00 on Friday...

Ironman Offroad
January 19th, 2014, 08:28 PM
You sure you want me to join you? LOL

You are a member correct?
I for one value every members opinon.
Does not mean I will agree with it, but will listen.

Do I speak with the support of the GLFWDA leadership? I sure hope so and do believe it.

fishyOO7
January 20th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I also won't be there, but might be available for a web conference.

lgottler
January 23rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
Well one date out of 4 is good! I was planning on making it until my bosses dad passed and funeral is Friday. Bla.

ReiKo
January 28th, 2014, 05:53 PM
When is the next meeting date? Tried looking for it but couldn't find it... Would like to attend just to hear what's going on....

WhiteRhino
January 28th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I wish our website was more up to date.....

Gogolen
January 29th, 2014, 12:19 PM
X 100,000,000,000,000,000,000

Ironman Offroad
January 30th, 2014, 05:39 PM
The Spring Quarterly has historically been held in conjunction with the Two Trackers trail clean up. They have determined they will not be doing the clean up this year.

The spring meeting date and location is yet to be determined due to this change.

We are scrambling to put it together as I type.

Stay tuned and do not shoot the messenger please.

TWEAK
March 31st, 2014, 01:46 PM
Has a date been set?

Jarhead
March 31st, 2014, 05:39 PM
Has a date been set?

Yup, http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?13326-Spring-Membership-Meeting-Save-the-Date!