PDA

View Full Version : Rocks and Vally last Thanksgiving weekend 2013

last5liter
October 22nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Kicking around the idea of heading to Rocks and Vally the weekend following Thanksgiving this year. Thought I would post and see if anyone might be interested in meeting up.

WhiteRhino
October 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
I try to stay out of the woods during deer season.

last5liter
October 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
I try to stay out of the woods during deer season.

Is that sarcasm?

WhiteRhino
October 22nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
No, it is a comment. You asked about wheeling during rifle deer season. Personally, I have always tried to avoid being in the woods or disturbing anyone during that season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kixx007
October 22nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
I thought R&V was closed for all of deer season?

last5liter
October 25th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Called R&V the other day. They are in fact closed during deer rifle season. Apparently the owners use the land for hunting.... makes sense.

So if R&V is off the list, maybe Bundy hill? Never been there, anyone that has can maybe shed some light on if its worth a trip? Seems to me in the pics and description its just and old gravel quarry?

Having just returned from a trip to West Virginia I kinda think places like bundy hill or the mounds will be a little bit of a let down compared to the trails in the Appalachians

WhiteRhino
October 26th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Pretty much anything in Michigan will be a let down from West Virginia. (sad but true) Bundy is a fun place to play. Not many trails but some great challenges. It really depends on what you like to do.