PDA

View Full Version : hey y'all!

Matt Heck
September 29th, 2013, 08:55 PM
hey everyone, new to the forums here, bought my jeep (a 2005 TJ) last may and have been loving her since!! She is my first real 4x4, anything ive had in the past has been 2wd and has gotten me anywhere i want to go, however now that i have this thing i find myself wanting to find some nice little trails, however im finding a lack of them here in mid-michigan. Im from Saginaw.

phittie1100
September 30th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Hi Matt, glad to see you on our forum!

Sent from my electronic tether

TWEAK
September 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt! There is a group of us from the Tri-Cities with a range of different rigs in the Tri-City Trail Riders club. Dale Stroebel at IronmanOffroad in Saginaw is a great resource for parts, upgrade recommendations, etc.

Have you been up to St. Helen / West Branch? There are some fun two tracks in the area up there and you can even try out the rock course at the scramble area. Also, Rocks & Valleys ORV park in Harrison is a great place to try out new stuff. They have trails/obstacles from mild to wild.

Ms.ZJ
September 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Hello and Welcome!

Petsan
September 30th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Welcome!:wave:

fsumotorhead
October 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM
welcome!

StingRay66
October 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Welcome and remember the main difference between a 2wd and a 4wd is how far from the paved road you are when you get stuck:muttley:

Matt Heck
October 2nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Welcome and remember the main difference between a 2wd and a 4wd is how far from the paved road you are when you get stuck:muttley:

that is oh so true!

Tweak - No i have not been up there yet. Additionally, i have a free day pass to R&V that i got from jeep night in bay city which i have not taken advantage of yet! I have spoken briefly with Dale, and have since decided to just do a basic 4.25" zone offroad (HQ'ed in MI!) combo kit with a 3" coil, 1.25" body and 1" MML. I also just sourced a hard top here in town and am ready for winter (didnt want to take the soft top off, but figured it would be better for my toddlers)

thanks again all for the welcomes!

Jarhead
October 3rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

lpm606
October 3rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forums Matt! You can definitely have a lot of fun in west branch/St Helen as Tweak mentioned...