PDA

View Full Version : Mounds rocks.

lgottler
September 14th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Just had a chance to run the rocks at The Mounds for the first time today.

Good job to those that helped get those in! I was particularly impressed with the woods course, even though I couldnt figure out the intended routes!

There is a large yellow jacket? ground nest in the middle of one of the rock crawls...I would carefully walk the course first!

WhiteRhino
September 15th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Glad you liked it. When I got involved, the plan was for everything to be in the field. After several meetings with them, we ended up with the woodlands course. As you go in, there is an intended course to the right. Straight and to the left is "pick your own line". I had hoped to get them to move some of the unused rocks but they have not been interested up to this point. The slab was another suggestion that took.

I'm glad you like it. Unfortunately due to the general reputation of the mounds, the rock courses don't get as much use as they could.

lgottler
September 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I got turned 90 degrees pointing to the right at the end of the log section. After crushing my rear quarter panel (first dent) on a tree I ended up in a tree free, rock free area that was quite challenging to exit. Very fun!

I walked the path to the left and figured that might be the intended route, but wasn't sure.

I definitely want to go back and try more, I didnt have a skid plate under the Jeep yet so I was trying to save my drivetrain from too much damage, but still left aluminum marks all over!

I am surprised not to hear more people using this, weeds are covering a bunch of the rocks, and like I said, ground nest of bees too. But it was a blast! The Mounds should be exploiting this addition better.