PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake area trails...

Renegade II
June 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Any decent trails not too far from SL? Looking for scenic two tracks, ORV routes, etc... to ride as a change of pace while we're up there.

gnjeepn
June 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM
No ORV routes but there are some scenic two tracks and seasonal roads. Also if you go east near Walkerville there are some Us Forest service roads in the Manistee national forest.

oz97tj
June 30th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Get with Pat. He knows the area well. He showed me some decent stuff years back when I did Northern Migration.

Greenway
June 30th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Maybe someone has a gps file of a Two Trackers Fall Color Tour

gnjeepn
July 1st, 2013, 07:13 AM
Maybe someone has a gps file of a Two Trackers Fall Color Tour
Since I lead that run I have it. But I doubt he wants to go all the way to Cadillac.:lmao:

We always do a run in the area during our board run. I know the area pretty well but don't know names of roads you need to take to get to the nice two tracks. I checked to see if I had any tracks saved of the area but don't appear to have saved any.

fsumotorhead
July 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
Isn't the "mile of mud" somewhere around there?

I'm not sure if anyone even knows what i'm talking about, but a friend of mine and I went there with a club (RPM??) maybe 10 years ago.

fsumotorhead
July 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Isn't the "mile of mud" somewhere around there?

I'm not sure if anyone even knows what i'm talking about, but a friend of mine and I went there with a club (RPM??) maybe 10 years ago.

The more I think of it, It may have been Evart MI, maybe?

Renegade II
July 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM
We've hit most of the seasonal two tracks within 5 or so miles of the dunes, just wasn't sure there wasn't more out there see. Between JJ 1 & 2 I know Cadillac well, and thanks to Sundowners back in the day, Luther & Baldwin too. We were looking a bit closer though. Maybe well have to check out the Manistee NF area. Thanks!

StingRay66
July 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Any decent trails not too far from SL? Looking for scenic two tracks, ORV routes, etc... to ride as a change of pace while we're up there.

When you going to be at SL I am looking at going to some of the 2 tracks that are north east of there? I will be the July 13 thru 19 was thinking about a Weds or Thurs day run

Renegade II
July 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM
When you going to be at SL I am looking at going to some of the 2 tracks that are north east of there? I will be the July 13 thru 19 was thinking about a Weds or Thurs day run

PM'd you

Renegade II
July 19th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Well, as things turned out we couldn't get a trail ride in after all. Thanks for the offer though. Hope you guys all had a good time!

StingRay66
July 21st, 2013, 04:07 PM
Thurs the wife and I did a road trip up to Little Manistee trail and Route it was a lot farther away than I thought [about 50 miles from SLSD] we only did a short run on one leg from M37 US 10 area over to Kings Hwy I think it was 10 or 11 miles. It was pretty flat and the trail was in better shape than some of the Co. roads we crossed. We went mostly because it was so hot and the LJ has AC and it was a good thing too the deer flies where allover the windows out in the woods so if you didn't have a top it wouldn't have been a nice ride. but I think I would like to go back in the spring and run some more of that system and Lincoln Hills too.