PDA

View Full Version : Contact your representative about the ‘Black Box Privacy Protection Act’

RSS Feeder
May 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
United Four Wheel Drive Associations (UFWDA) motorcycle equivalent organization the American Motorcycle Association (AMA), are supporting a Bill to protect your privacy from vehicle event data recorders. That Bill, the Black Box Privacy Protection Act is to be introduced by … Continue reading → (http://www.ufwda.org/2013/05/contact-your-representative-about-the-black-box-privacy-protection-act/)

More... (http://www.ufwda.org/2013/05/contact-your-representative-about-the-black-box-privacy-protection-act/)

timbercruiser
May 23rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
I don't think this goes far enough. The Black Box is a clear violation of the 5th amendmant because it requires me to testify against myself. Not to mention the 4th amendmant right of the people to be 'secure in their...effects'.

phittie1100
May 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Someone explain to me why a black box is something that can/should be mandated as factory equipment?

hemrides
May 23rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks Paul...I was wondering the same thing. Why is this box required, and if it is in a vehicle why can't the owner disable it. Here we go again. This is like the new study that Obama wants...to see if he should charge folks $5.50 per border crossing. So if you go to Canada for the day you would pay $11.00 round trip. Maybe they should have the IRS manage this.

WHO ORDERED THE BLACK BOX INSTALL IN EVERY CAR??

Renegade II
May 23rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
As long as they are only used for traffic crash investigations I don't have a problem with them. Sometimes it's the only impartial witness in severe / fatal crashes.

hemrides
May 23rd, 2013, 09:21 PM
time to wake up...IRS and Obama care...IRS and Tea Party...remember this one..."we will never give anyone a ticket for not wearing their seat belts, we just want people to be safe".

If you are really bored give me a call...I'm purchaseing a new home and you should see all the crap the govt. wants about your savings and spending habits..and once the new Dodd/Frank rules kick in next year it will get worse. That starts in 2014.