PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Opportunity on Saturday the 18th

lpm606
May 9th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Ron Price over at Rocks and Valleys has invited GLFWDA to set up our booth next to the registration desk at the upcoming wheeling for a cure event at R&V's which is Saturday May 18th. Wayne Rynbrand, our PR director is already going to be at the event as a trail guide so he can come early and set up the booth, but will have to leave it to someone else as he gets his group situated and starts his trail ride. We are looking for a couple of volunteers that could be there early with Wayne to set up and then cover the booth for a few hours in the morning - probably to stick around for lunch. We have new brochures to hand out about the association as well as past editions of The Boondocker. We will also provide you with a set of "talking points" that will let folks know the types of issues we are currently working on to help promote the sport of Off Highway Driving, and public access to public lands, in Michigan. You don't need to be a PR expert or a super public speaker - just take the chance to earnestly tell people about the issues we are facing, the reason you are a GLFWDA member, and ask for their membership...

Unfortunately, WLB has our trail maintenance weekend scheduled for next weekend, so none of us are available to come help. Can anybody volunteer half a day to be up at R&V's on the 18th? Please post up or, if you prefer, send me a PM and I can give you a call to discuss it with you further, provide you the talking points, etc.

lpm606
May 13th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Wow. Deafening silence...

lgottler
May 13th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I've got a 3 yo birthday party after work, sorry. :(

Renegade II
May 14th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm already working the 'Shop with a Hero' fundraiser shoot in Bridgeport that day. Check with Danimal, I know he'll be there for his dealership. Not sure if he'll be too busy with that to help out.