PDA

View Full Version : 04 RAM DOOR SEAL PROBLEMS

roll-bar Bob
February 24th, 2006, 10:40 AM
OK SO I START WITH THE FACT THAT THE DEALER HAS REPLACER THESE TWICE AND I AM OUT OF WARRANTY AND ONCE AGAIN MY TRUCK SOUNDS LIKE A WIND TUNNEL :bigemo_harabe_net-110: DOES ANY ONE HAVE A QUICK FIX OR SHOULD I AIM IT AT A TREE AND DO A TUCK AND ROLE :doah:

RBB :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

Jarhead
February 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Apply Silcone Spray to the weatherstripping to give it life.

Important commodity when keeping the inside of the Hummer Dry.

shawn
February 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I know this may sound stupid, but I have done it with great success on mutiple vehicles. If it seems like the door is not sealing up around the top and sides (like where the window is) then bend it. Roll the window down, open the door and hold it between your legs, or put a block of wood between the door and the truck so it doesn't close, and push the top of the door in twards the truck so when the door is fully closed it will push that seal in a little more. People freak out when I tell them this, but it has worked, sometimes it just needs a little alignment help. Body shops do this stuff all the time to get things back to sealing up. You'd be surprised.

MuddyPaws
February 24th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I think it's time to cut the doors off..... :D

SKIP
February 24th, 2006, 07:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shawn &#064; Feb 24 2006, 03&#58;59 PM) 10870</div>

I know this may sound stupid, but I have done it with great success on mutiple vehicles. If it seems like the door is not sealing up around the top and sides (like where the window is) then bend it. Roll the window down, open the door and hold it between your legs, or put a block of wood between the door and the truck so it doesn&#39;t close, and push the top of the door in twards the truck so when the door is fully closed it will push that seal in a little more. People freak out when I tell them this, but it has worked, sometimes it just needs a little alignment help. Body shops do this stuff all the time to get things back to sealing up. You&#39;d be surprised.
[/b]

LOL&#33;

You have no idea... This is how it was/is done in the auto plants.
I started laughing the first time I saw it. They would pay us so much money for checking fixtures & a guy would still put his knee into it or grab a rubber mallet & a block of wood.
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: