PDA

View Full Version : Which CB & Antennae to Buy?

sumpter1
February 3rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
I am just looking for suggestions on which cb & antennae setup works well. Are there any to avoid?

Kcameron13
February 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM
I've just used a basic cobra cb with a 4' tunable firestik antenna and I've been very happy with the setup. Simple and inexpensive.

Renegade II
February 3rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Wilson thin flexible with tune tip mounted on a spring. Only thing I've never torn off!

oz97tj
February 4th, 2013, 07:05 AM
I agree with the Wilson Flex that Renegade mentioned. It eliminates the need for a spring and works better than a normal antenna on a spring anyway.

CB is dependant on mounting options usually. Spend a little extra and get something decent though. I personally have a Cobra 75, which is completely encased in a handheld unit. Everything else is mounted hidden away. A external speaker is a must though. It's worked just as well as a big Cobra 19 I've had in the past and was much easier t mount.

Most importantly, tune the CB once it's all mounted up!!!!!!

Cable810
February 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I've got an RadioShack CB and a FireStik 4' FS II antenna.

fsumotorhead
February 4th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I personally run a 102" SS whip, and love it.

Jarhead
February 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Wilson...http://www.wilsonantenna.com/

Jeeperz-Creeperz
February 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'll also recommend the Wilson. You can just about tie it in a knot.

As for radios, I've had good luck with Realistic (Radio Shack) and K40 (upper end). With a properly tuned antenna, I've had some sub-$40 Radio Shack radios work great!

Renegade II
February 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I like this radio a lot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UBv0xwlk8

hemrides
February 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Hi Bruce...I also have the fire stick...works great, no spring. I bought a Midland CB for my Jeep and not very happy with it. I will replace with the small cheap Cobra this spring.

Dave

RockyTop
February 7th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I have a basic cobra that I am not using. PM me if you are interested.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2