PDA

View Full Version : Winter 2013 Quarterly Meeting

phittie1100
December 7th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Once again we will be partnering with SoFO to squeeze the Winter Quarterly meeting in between portions of the SnoFari Event.

Date: 1/25/13
Time: 5-6pm
Location: Quality Inn West Branch http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-west_branch-michigan-MI055/Hotel-Photos

Format: Live plus (hopefully) web access

As you may recall hearing, the Association has some new A/V equipment bought specifically for our 4WD awareness training program. We are going to get it up to WB for the meeting, and use it to present our agenda, financial reports, etc since that same set of images will also be what our remote attendees see as well.

If you are attending the SnoFari festivities, the meeting will be in between the afternoon runs and evening registration/night runs. If you are concerned about squeezing dinner into that tight schedule, Subway is available in the connected gas station plus we will see if we can get the Lumberjack to offer a selection of easy-to-eat "to go" specials for us like they did last year.

Renegade II
December 7th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I Promise we'll get our group back in time for the meeting this year.

phittie1100
December 7th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Me too...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

phittie1100
January 10th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Having second thoughts about trying to pull off our first live meeting w/electronic hookup. We only get an hour to fit our meeting in, so we will use handouts for some of the reports instead of presentations, and we have a couple of news items to share - GG2013 plus a new volunteer to introduce.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

lpm606
January 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM
We may want to ask SoFO to include something in the registration materials that states all attendees are welcome to attend the meting. Last year a lot of people stayed outside the room because they assumed the meeting was only open to members. It could be as simple as adding a line of text to the itinerary or we could maybe do a little invite card to be included with their registration packet...

DieselMTU
January 12th, 2013, 02:27 AM
If they were standing out side the room, couldn't we just put a leg snare in the hall and drag them in?

jeepardy
January 12th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Any update on status of web access for quarterly meeting?

Ms.ZJ
January 12th, 2013, 08:29 AM
If they were standing out side the room, couldn't we just put a leg snare in the hall and drag them in?

I love this Idea! :lol:

lgottler
January 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I put in for some time off work on Friday so ill be there. I think a sign saying free beer or similar might work well too.

Jarhead
January 13th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Any update on status of web access for quarterly meeting?

GLFWDA Quarterly Membership Meeting (Winter)

Join us for a Webinar on January 25
Space is limited.

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/798607481

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to join us.

Title: GLFWDA Quarterly Membership Meeting (Winter)

Date: Friday, January 25, 2013

Time: 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM EST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

Ms.ZJ
January 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Registered and confirmed.

There is more than one way to attend SnoFari. ;-)

DDS4X4
January 14th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Me Too!!
Thanks for the opportunity to watch/participate from afar.

hemrides
January 15th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Same here...thanks

jeepardy
January 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Registered and confirmed. I attended and enjoyed the first webinar and send thanks to those who work on setting this up.

lpm606
January 16th, 2013, 01:23 PM
will there be a confernce call# that you can call in and just get audio? I will be driving home from Indianaoplis that evening so I can't listen on the computer, but would gladly dial in to hear whats going on...

Ms.ZJ
January 16th, 2013, 06:09 PM
will there be a confernce call# that you can call in and just get audio? I will be driving home from Indianaoplis that evening so I can't listen on the computer, but would gladly dial in to hear whats going on...

Yes.

Dear Ms.ZJ,
Thank you for registering for:
GLFWDA Quarterly Membership Meeting (Winter)
Friday, Jan 25, 2013 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM EST
1. Click here to join:
https:// www. Link deleted as it is unique to to me
This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
2. You will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
Or, you may select Use Telephone after joining the Webinar.
Toll: bunch of numbers
Access Code: more numbers
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the Webinar
Webinar ID: even more numbers
Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: treasurer@ufwda.org.
System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

Alboy79
January 17th, 2013, 08:28 AM
i can listen and talk on my iphone. its what i use for our BOD meetings as well as the UFWDA Delegate calls. works out easy. i downloaded the Go To Meeting app, and i can see the screen and interact just like you can on the computer.

lpm606
January 17th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I didn't see a go to meeting app in the android market place, but I am not very cell phone savvy... I'll see if I can figure it out and meanwhile I did register just to see if it would provide a call in # and found the same info the Mrs. ZJ so kindly posted! So, I hope to be on the road by 5:00 friday and listening in one way or another...

phittie1100
January 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM
There is an android app, I know a guy that uses it :)

gnjeepn
January 25th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Will be logging in from home. Probably a little late since I have to work till 5 and it takes about 10 minutes to get home.

Jarhead
January 25th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I didn't see a go to meeting app in the android market place, but I am not very cell phone savvy... I'll see if I can figure it out and meanwhile I did register just to see if it would provide a call in # and found the same info the Mrs. ZJ so kindly posted! So, I hope to be on the road by 5:00 friday and listening in one way or another...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citrixonline.android.gotomeeting&hl=en

gnjeepn
January 25th, 2013, 05:43 PM
In the meeting right now but can barely hear. Think that something needs to be done to improve the audio for future webinars. As it stands right now I can only hear a couple of people and not very well. Kind of hard to tell what is being discussed if you can only hear one side. I would like to be able to attend the meetings in person but it just isn't possible for me and if the sound can't be addressed it's kind of useless to do the webinars. Just my opinion.

Evil Queen
January 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I've used the webinars several times and love them. Today, my computer didn't want to co-operate for audio. I called in by phone and listened but it wouldn't broadcast my voice (maybe for the best haha). I had a bad cell connection and only heard about a third of the conversation. All of what Paul said. Part of what Bob said and that was all.

But who ever was typing....thank you, it made me able to follow the meeting and the outcome of the agenda!!!!

Even with issues, it was better than not being able to attend at all!!!

Ms.ZJ
January 26th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I heard everything/everyone, my mic was working too... till my junk froze up.
When I got the computer back up and got back into the meeting, my mic was muted by the organizer :confused:

gnjeepn
January 26th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I heard some but couldn't make out what most were saying. Only the people in the room that were close enough to the mic that were speaking. I could make out most of what Paul, Bob and Dave said but that was about it. The typed out info helped but still not enough to make this type of meeting worth my while. I guess just reading the minutes of the meeting would be more helpful to me than attending another webinar. Kind of frustrating when you can't make out what is being discussed from all parties speaking. Kind of hard to consider interjecting anything in the meeting that might be helpful when you can't hear what others are saying. I only heard a couple of people try to speak that were attending the meeting via their computers or phones. It appeared there was only about 7 or 8 of us online. What can be done to make it better? I think that this needs to be addressed. Especially for old farts like me who are already hard of hearing. :ahhh:

lpm606
January 26th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Kudos to the organization for their continuing efforts to broaden the reach of the meetings by having the webinar/conferene call format. It is great that the BOD responded to request to try this technology. Having said that, I can also testify to the fact that the audio was was poor. I was listening through my car's blue tooth on the car speakers and in order to hear what was being said I had the volume set to 35 and then when that one person kept coughing into the mike I think it just about split my eardrum. I couldn't hear what was being said by membership so it would have been helpful for the moderator to repeat the questions or comments for us to hear. I'm not sure how the mikes were set up, I'm sure it can be improved, but thanks again for working on it.

phittie1100
January 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Well...sorry it didn't turn out better. But...we learned a lot. We bought an omnidirectional mic, but it looks like we need a directional mic. Bob also thinks we could add a second laptop at the meeting, specifically to handle audio.

Bob was updating the agenda as we went, we were missing Carl and had a couple of people compiling notes so we can put together minutes. The other thing we will do next time is have the presenters online as well. With the placement of the screen next to us, it was difficult to see what was being shown to live and electronic attendees.

phittie1100
January 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
For those that couldn't hear, some highlights:

Daystar products really did come with a Jeep on tracks. They also will be joining as a level 5 associate member!

SoFO presented GLFWDA with a donation of $1,000!!!

We met one of the founders of Blue Water Jeeps out of Port Huron and will be following up to introduce their members to GLFWDA.

The ORV Route proposal continues to move forward, but still not done and still not everything we wanted.

GLFWDA will take steps to welcome SxS users and help provide a voice for their needs, which are similar to ours.

We will get official minutes posted soon

JerryD
January 26th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Paul, thanks for the synopsis. I too, had the stereo cranked... ear splitting aside, I really appreciate the effort. I cut out after a while as I couldn't really follow along. As this is new to the group, growing pains are to be expected. Hope to be there live next time, but am glad we are working on having these tools available.

WhiteRhino
January 27th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Thanks for posting the highlights. And although it sounds like the webinar portion wasn't perfect, I think it's a great concept that needs to keep happening.

Although I wasn't there & couldn't tune in, I again want to express my thanks to all of you who put in so much effort!

Ms.ZJ
January 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Who landed Daystar?

phittie1100
January 28th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Who landed Daystar?

Boy, look at our Associate Membership Secretary getting all territorial about her peeps! (LOL!)

Leah was the evil mastermind behind the plot I believe

Ms.ZJ
January 28th, 2013, 11:16 AM
This is not a pissing match, I love leah!
Its just information my inquriring mind feels a need to know.

Congrats to Leah and many thanks for bringing them to the dark side. LOL!
(we have cookies)

mrycar
January 28th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the summary. May have to bring my street legal Sxs out on one of your rides.

oz97tj
January 28th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Boy, look at our Associate Membership Secretary getting all territorial about her peeps! (LOL!)

Leah was the evil mastermind behind the plot I believe

There was mention that someone saw them at Sema and said they should come to SnoFari. The rest snowballed from there. I believe the name used was Kevin, so maybe our own Kevin Bentz?

Ms.ZJ
January 29th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Would the wonderful club member who brought us Datstar Products International PLEASE stand up?
:lol:

CheapthrillB2
January 29th, 2013, 07:52 AM
:thumb:

Ms.ZJ
January 29th, 2013, 05:49 PM
This is not a pissing match, I love leah!
Its just information my inquriring mind feels a need to know.

Congrats to Leah and many thanks for bringing them to the dark side. LOL!
(we have cookies)

Or...
Congrats to Kevin??? :wacko:
I'll get this sorted out sooner or later...

Crazygrady127
January 30th, 2013, 05:29 PM
This was my first time at a GLFWDA meeting and I have to say its not at all what I expected !! I found it very interesting , and felt very comfortable to speak up if I had questions or comments !! And instead of wanting to get out of there , I found myself actually wishing we had more time at the end of the meeting !! Thanks again GLFWDA !!

Sent from BlackBerry using Tapatalk

shawn
February 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Kevin called me while he was at Sema, and told me he was just talking with the CEO of Daystar, and gave me his contact info that I should contact him about SnoFari.

Ms.ZJ
February 3rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
This is all sorted out and I have Daystars contact info now.
Kevin is amazing Very helpful!
Kevin pushed this boulder down the hill at SEMA and it land landed in Leahs lap at SnoFari.

Excellent team effort.

oz97tj
February 4th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Go team go.

TWEAK
February 11th, 2013, 07:42 PM
This is all sorted out and I have Daystars contact info now.
Kevin is amazing Very helpful!
Kevin pushed this boulder down the hill at SEMA and it land landed in Leahs lap at SnoFari.

Excellent team effort.

Is it Official that Daystar is an Associate member (at whatever level)? If so, I think that it would be great if we could show how much the community appreciates their effort. One thought would be for individuals that are willing to send them a letter thanking them for their support. If this does go through then maybe we can start a thread with information from Daystar and contact info for folks that want to send a personalized letter?

MattS
February 11th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Is it Official that Daystar is an Associate member (at whatever level)? If so, I think that it would be great if we could show how much the community appreciates their effort. One thought would be for individuals that are willing to send them a letter thanking them for their support. If this does go through then maybe we can start a thread with information from Daystar and contact info for folks that want to send a personalized letter?

I think that's a fantastic idea! Maybe it could be done as an Associate member thread and have information on all Associate members, sort of a one stop for information on all of them so we could contact them and patronize their businesses as well.

TWEAK
February 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I think that's a fantastic idea! Maybe it could be done as an Associate member thread and have information on all Associate members, sort of a one stop for information on all of them so we could contact them and patronize their businesses as well.

There is a section already on the Home page that gives you a listing of all of our associate members (http://www.glfwda.org/content.php?3-associate-members) and a link to their website.

MattS
February 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Oops, I missed that. I checked in the forum but I didn't think to look right under my nose. :blush: Thanks.

Ms.ZJ
February 12th, 2013, 07:15 AM

I haven't heard that a check has been received, yet. The same for Warn Industries, Inc., one thing we are doing now is a spotlight article in The Boondocker. These articles will serve as in introduction of the Associate Member to our membership and readers, they will also include some graphics/photos (if provided).

If anyone would like to send any of our AM's a note to tell them how improtant they are to us, PLEASE do.

The Associate Membership info is being updated on the AM page, and Pam is processing recent mailings, I hope those mailings include something from Daystar and Warn.

Here is the official list as of yesterday.
Level 5:
Jeeperz Creeperz
www.jeeperz-creeperz.com
1627 Eureka Rd
Wyandotte, MI 48192
888-281-0681
sales@jeeperz-creeperz.com

Dam Site Inn
www.damsiteinn.com
6705 Woodland Road
Brutus, MI 49716

Michigan Wheelers