View Full Version : Hey Yoopers - an opportunity to lend a hand and represent GLFWDA!

November 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Upper Peninsula DNR News
Nov. 5, 2012

Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey 906-228-6561 or Debbie Munson Badini 906-226-1352

Application deadline extended for DNRís Eastern U.P. Citizensí Advisory Council

The Department of Natural Resources has extended the application deadline for open positions on the Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizensí Advisory Council (CAC) until Friday, Nov. 16. Potential applicants can find the entire application packet online at www.michigan.gov/upcac.

The CACs (one each in the western and eastern regions of the U.P.) are designed to advise the DNR on regional programs and policies; identify areas in which the department can be more effective and responsive; and offer insight and guidance from membersí own experiences and constituencies.

The council members represent a wide variety of natural resource and recreation stakeholders and interest groups. Agenda items addressed at CAC meetings are set by the council members, and council recommendations are forwarded to the DNR for consideration in policy-formation and decision-making processes.

Each CAC includes approximately 20 advisors, each residing within their respective region. The Eastern Upper Peninsula CAC region is the geographic area found east of the Forest Highway H-13 line in Alger and Delta counties.

The Eastern U.P. CAC typically meets every other month, or six times per year, in Newberry.

Completed applications can be faxed to 906-228-9441 or mailed to: DNR (Attn: CAC), 1990 U.S. 41 South, Marquette, MI 49855. For more information, contact DNR Upper Peninsula Regional Coordinator Stacy Welling Haughey at 906-228-6561.

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the stateís natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr.

November 7th, 2012, 10:36 AM
You do not need to be a land-use expert to get involved in these - simply attending the meetings (or better yet applying for an open position on the E UP CAC) can give GLFWDA an insight into local issues in the UP.

November 8th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I posted a link to this over on upjeeping.com a while back.

November 8th, 2012, 10:03 AM
That's a new one for me, need to check it out

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2