PDA

View Full Version : New Guy From the Lakeshore

S10Joe
November 5th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hey Ya'll

I have always been a quad rider and loved the ATV trails and thought i would be a lot fun to take the girl and the kids out for a ride too. I did just a touch of work on my s10 and it seems to handle "Ok". The more involved i get the more i'll spend on the rig.

I came here by the means of google. I am looking for some novice trails in Muskegon county to go for a nice weekend roll on.

Thanks, I'm happy to be here
Joe

fsumotorhead
November 5th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Welcome :wave:

StingRay66
November 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Try TwoTrackers

Cable810
November 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Welcome!!

Coyote Red
November 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Welcome. I am not sure if you have national forest land near Muskegon county but forest roads are good for a nice cruse. Just remember to stay on the marked roads and trails.

Ms.ZJ
November 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome.
There are miles of trails just north of us, enough to make a whole day of wheeling.

Jarhead
November 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Joe, Welcome Aboard! :wave:

I agree with the above post, check out the Two Trackers 4WD Club
http://www.twotrackers.org/

Trail_Fanatic
November 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
You'll need a Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) from the Baldwin District Office of the Manistee National Forest (231) 745-4631. Tell them that you want an MVUM and they'll mail it to your house in 1-2 days. IF the road is listed on the map, it's legal; if it isn't, it's not legal. You'll also want an accurate county map since the MVUM doens't show the county system very well at all. Rules changed a couple years ago and the situation on th eground hasn't caught up yet. Just because a trail is unobstructed doesn't mean it's still legal; you have to check the maps.