PDA

View Full Version : New Hood Wranglers

hemrides
October 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
My wife and I took her 2009 JK on our trip to Colorado and AZ this past September. During the trip there were many times I thought the factory installed hood wranglers were going to give way and the hood would go vertical. Even my wife noticed this. So I purchased a set of the DayStar hood wranglers for this Jeep and my 2004 TJ. Very easy to put on. Last night I had to drive to Lansing and battled the wind gusts. The hood stayed put. No buffeting as it did with the factory hood wranglers. Thought I would post incase others were were thinking about this purchase and were skeptical if they worked.

Dave

lpm606
October 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I put a set on my JK earlier this year and they work awesome! The JK hood flutter was quite alarming at highway speeds and the Daystar product completely eliminated it...

oz97tj
October 30th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I had them on my'09 for a few years. On my '12, they must have used better rubber for the latches as its just not a problem.

Greenway
October 30th, 2012, 04:14 PM
The hood flutter used to bother me until I found out how much the replacements cost. Now, the same flutter doesn't bother me a bit.

hemrides
October 30th, 2012, 11:33 PM
The Daystars are not that bad. They are $25 per vehicle.

Evil Queen
November 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM
The hood flutter used to bother me until I found out how much the replacements cost. Now, the same flutter doesn't bother me a bit.

Funny how that works. I broke one of mine...well....a tree broke one of mine....and I wanted to get the pretty shiny chrome ones.....oh heck no.....I could just afford the replacements.