PDA

View Full Version : Your rigs name

Evil Queen
October 23rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
In talking with everyone at the 4wd Awareness Training, it came to my attention that nearly everyone there had named their rig.

It was nice being in such good company! It was nice to know people think of their rigs so well. In the past, I have been ridiculed for naming mine, but it is easier to refer to that way...and fun too.

So.....if you have named your rig, what it is...and why?

I have Max (97tj) named for the son I never had (Maximillian)

and I now have Lurch (92remix) named because he is a tall, imposing but amiable beast

DieselMTU
October 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
I have not named them anything other than the brand names. The Pontiac, The Hummer, The Ford, and the Scout is called The Scout

Cable810
October 23rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Have yet to name mine. Nothing has ever come to mind.

Alboy79
October 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
no... naming rigs is dumb:poke:

just like i dont name the deer in my back yard. at some point they are gonna be eaten, or scrapped(in the vehicles case). no use getting attached.:thumb:

phittie1100
October 23rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
Not everyone at the training has a name for their truck...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

DDS4X4
October 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
The operative word in her post was "nearly" everyone.

Evil Queen
October 24th, 2012, 02:37 AM

just like i dont name the deer in my back yard. at some point they are gonna be eaten, or scrapped(in the vehicles case). no use getting attached.:thumb:

There have been some pretty cool or unusual cars/trucks/rigs/ that had names.
Herbie the love bug hahhaa
Christine from the Stephen King book
Kitt from Knightrider (yeah I was a fan)
Eleanor from Gone in 60 seconds
Bumblebee from Transformers
General Lee from Dukes of Hazard
The Mystery Machine
The Bluesmobile
The Batmobile
The Ectomobile

I just thought it would be a fun post.

joe & jeep
October 24th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Jeep is the name of mine

StingRay66
October 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I had a 80 something Camanche that was called "Mutt" after I explained to my wife that it had a Chevy motor, Chrysler trans, and few other odd parts. I have a "78" Chevy pickup we call "Bubba" because it came from the south and it 's dual exhaust makes a bububub sound when it's idling.

hemrides
October 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Never named mine, or thought about it. If I did it would be something like Slo-Poke, like the candy..

Dave

Evil Queen
October 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Not everyone at the training has a name for their truck...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to name yours. Just wait. I'll call your wife and get some good intel....I'm sure the two of us can come up with something that will stick.

Renegade II
October 24th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Brown 8
White 8
A.M.G.
Not very orig, but it keeps em straight in my house.

timbercruiser
October 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I've got Nancy-because it broke the first time it went off road.
Leviathan-its a very long truck.
and The Cruiser.

Greenway
October 24th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I have only named 1 vehicle. We had an old TransVan motorhome. It was frequently full of party animals on road trips. So, we called it The Ark

Evil Queen
October 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Now that is funny

Greenway
October 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM
That I once was a party animal?

Evil Queen
October 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Haha...no, the Ark

Ironman Offroad
October 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Terri (the wife) named the XJ "Money Pit" after the second round of uprades that took all winter.
The oldest son named the tow rig after he decided it was old and fu**ing ugly= "Old Fuggly". A little loving and she is not so ugly anymore but the name stuck, litterally, to the fenders.
Dale
Ironman Offroad

sandvipr
December 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM
My Bronco is "Black Sunshune"

hemrides
December 22nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
This is not a name for my Jeep...but I will bore you anyhow. In 1963 my Dad bought a Chevy Suburban...he was way ahead his time and the SUV crowd. There were many times my Mom or Dad would give 5 or 6 kids rides home from football or basketball practice. In those days it only had two doors and the back panel doors. It reminded the kids of a "Safari Truck", so the name stuck. At one point it was rename to "Daktari". You can wake up now!!

Winterjeeper
December 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I name my truck Megan it's a dodge mega cab and for the jeep I call it Winter. Because I use to be big in to snowmobiling and snow skiing and I am no longer able to do the two sports I enjoy the most.

trailtwister
January 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I named mine Trail Twister because of the articulation needed to travel when off-roading.

Harley Gannon
January 20th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Overwolf...

Over for Over Lord. The code name for the allied D-day invasion.

Wolf for prowling through the woods like we do in Michigan.

joe_jeep
April 10th, 2013, 06:58 PM
My dad got me hooked on jeeps as a very young boy. He took me to Drummond Island often to hit the trails in the jeep, or on the snowmobiles in the winter. We were both avid hunters and fisherman. We loved the outdoors, and were often outdoors together. We moved the the u.p. together in 1989. My dad and i were very close, he was a great guy! He was a gunsmith by trade, and our last name is Trager. His friends always called him "Trigger". He passed away at deer camp the 3rd day of deer season in 1993. A few hours b4 that i got my first deer. He got to see it though!

My jeeps have always been named "Trigger" in his honor. Its never been a problem, till now. now i got 3 jeeps, thats a problem.

MY 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara is "Trigger"
My 2003 Grand Cherokee is "Silver"
My Orange Juggy is "Nuttin Too Extreme" (adapted from the dts print adds it was featured in)

timmy_69
April 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM

I name the "Dinner"