PDA

View Full Version : Plans for your rig during the winter?

Coyote Red
October 20th, 2012, 12:02 AM
What are you planning to do during the winter? Who is hitting the trials and snow drifts? Who is going to be hitting the drawing board again? Who is going to be hitting your knuckles on the frame every single trip to the garage?

I am planning to pull the engine and replace the ring gear, double check my rear main and see if that is leaking, of course this is all after I see what needs fixed due to Sno-Fari. I want to make this year the first of many years to come attending Sno-Fari.

Greenway
October 20th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Right now, the only thing I got planned is change the cooling fan and maybe build a rear bumper out of the bones i bought from oz97tj.

oz97tj
October 20th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Im starting to recenter some H1 wheels for my new trail tires and I plan to make a few changes to my suspension but nothing really major at this point.

lgottler
October 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I plan on removing all the junk my wife puts in and around my jeep. Then wait another week or two and do it again. Repeat all winter. If I get lucky, I might get one evening access to the jeep so I can formulate a plan of attack that will be forgotten. Yay.

phittie1100
October 20th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Drive it, just like I do the other 3 seasons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

300Grand
October 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM
My plans include: Building my front winch bumper, instaling a dual battery set-up to power said winch, replacing my crappy Rubicon Express control arm bushings, fix my water leak from my HVAC box, bed liner the inside floors, build an oil pan/trans pan skid plate, figure out why my steering wheel is 90 degrees off since DOA, replace my whining power steering pump, and look for some good 35's to make fit on my ZJ. And then when that's all done, I will drag my 1960 CJ-6 into the garage and start the rebuild of that.

What I'll most likely get done: Pull the ZJ into the garage and start the process that LGOTTLER DISCRIBED!

Alboy79
October 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM

This

Greenway
October 21st, 2012, 08:59 PM
I got the radiator fan done today. Now I'm going into Gottler mode.

Cable810
October 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
I plan on putting mine up for the winter. QD Endlinks, Taillight Gaurds, CB Radio and other odds and ends are on my list. I might start searching for a Locked 8.6" axle with either 3:73s or 4:10s for this spring/summer. The QDs and CB Radio are deffinitly getting done this winter.

timbercruiser
October 22nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Baselining some maintenance items. Then maybe rock sliders, new winch cable.

joe & jeep
October 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM

Same here, this is way I got it, to drive it

Evil Queen
October 22nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
I will keep Max at home to drive. Lurch will go back to the Sault to have the MuddyPaws prints removed and replaced with Skulls....and a bit more cage work done. I might put on an additional limiting strap on the front as well.

DieselMTU
October 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Finish the SOA conversion in the rear, then see what I can get done on the weekends. Plan on building new rear fenders, may be a spare tire / jerry can holder, new roof rack, strip and paint over any rust. But this usually gets driven all winter so I am not sure how I will squeeze any work in once the snow really starts to fly (if it ever does)

Cable810
October 22nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
limiting strap on the front as well.

I also plan on doing that too.

Renegade II
October 24th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Swap out the InnerAir Locks on the 5 for double beadlocks then put fresh gas in it and go to SnoFari.
The 8's are just getting Stabil and setting.

Ironman Offroad
October 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Build a trans skid and general maint. before Canada trip in Nov.. Make it a little more weather tight and get some tunes in it before SnoFari. A stroker engine and fresh transmission by April 1st.. Maybe some tires and wheels if I win the Lottery (I guess I better start to play the Lottery).

WhiteRhino
October 31st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Is this Dale or Kyle?

GerkTJ
November 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
plan on finally getting the FC170 into the shop and making a running FC by spring!

Coyote Red
November 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
plan on finally getting the FC170 into the shop and making a running FC by spring!

Build thread and pictures?!?!?!?!

GerkTJ
November 5th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Build thread and pictures?!?!?!?!

yes there will be pictures for sure. Been looking at it for 4 years and it's time to make it run and drive!!

CheapthrillB2
November 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Ordered a M&M Offroad buggy chassis, I'll be broke and busy the next few months lol.

Evil Queen
November 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Swap out the InnerAir Locks on the 5 for double beadlocks then put fresh gas in it and go to SnoFari.
The 8's are just getting Stabil and setting.

I am going to remove the innerAir Locks too. I cannot air down without removing my tires the way they are. What, may I ask, was your reason?

Renegade II
November 20th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I am going to remove the innerAir Locks too. I cannot air down without removing my tires the way they are. What, may I ask, was your reason?

My 5 is only around 2k pounds so I usually run about .5 to 1 PSI on the dunes and maybe 2 or 3 PSI on the trail. Always running right against the airlock is hard on them and I blew
3 tubes out in less than a years time.

Double beadlock rims are the way to go, at least for me. I love the Hutchinson's that are on the H1 and 8. The only reason I didn't get them for the 5 in the first place was the specific tire the jeep was built around is only available in 15's or 16's, which they don't make in a 5 on 5.5. pattern. Stazworks 16x10's are the next set going on it.

mac56
November 21st, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'm hoping for new wheels and if things work out, tires too......

Renegade II
November 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I'm hoping for new wheels and if things work out, tires too......

How about some 16x35x16 Boggers on 16x10 MT II's? :)

I went back to a 15" rim so the tires are now going too!!!

jeepfreak81
February 8th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Flatty:

Radiator
Column
Steering shaft
T98 Swapped in
Ward OD added
Springs
mechanical fan
Maybe better seats
Different Hard top