PDA

View Full Version : I'm finding myself

Ms.ZJ
August 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM
... in need of a printer.:lol:

Basic best bang for the buck. I have $125 to spend.
What do I buy?

fsumotorhead
August 31st, 2012, 07:51 AM
I got a pretty nice all-in-one with wireless printing for around that price from Staples, I believe it was an HP.

Staples usually has rebates and deals as well, best to keep an eye out for a week or two before purchasing.

phittie1100
August 31st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Depends on what you want to do with it - a decent all-in-one color printer (inkjet) can be had for that price, but if you print a lot, even B&W, the toner will kill you. If you print a lot it is hard to beat the small HP desktop laser printers HP1020/1018/1006 or whatever the current model is (they have not changed a whole lot over the last 10 years or so). We use them at work, and typically get 4,000+ pages per cartridge. B&W only though.

Ms.ZJ
August 31st, 2012, 08:55 AM
This will be used mainly for printing documents with colored letter head.
We have a really nice HP printer/scanner but neglected to use ot for a few months and it won't print now.
...scanner still works great though. :rolleyes:

Edit: current printer is an Epson.

Trail_Fanatic
August 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
The ink will dry up and clog the cartridge if you don't use it once a month or so. Try replacing the cartridges and having the maintenance feature of the printer do a "clean print head". You'll probably be up and running like new.

Ms.ZJ
August 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Tried everything, none of it worked.
Was also told it would be less expensive to buy new than to fix this one.
Off to best buy for a new one tomorrow.

Ms.ZJ
September 1st, 2012, 07:45 AM
I think I'm getting this one.
http://deals.bestbuy.com//printers/product/4876517/canon++pixma+mx432+wireless+allinone+printer

Ms.ZJ
September 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM
I got one! =)

HP Photosmart (wireless) 5520 print/copy/scan/web
It has an eprint thingy on it that is really really cool. lol
I've been putzing around with it for a couple of hours now, it prints nicely and of all the printers in the store, this one just happened to have the least expensive ink.

Greenway
September 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Once again, I am late to the party.

But for others, I will add my two cents here.

First, I have had the best luck with HP printers, They keep going and going and going like the bink bunny. I have been using them for decades and, under the right circumstances, would buy them again.

It has been my experience that Canons are nearly junk compared to HP and Epson.

I also feel all in ones are a waste of money. Why buy a new scanner when my printer wears out? I have no need for a fax machine.

That said, The last printer I bought was an Epson Workforce 40 for the price of replacing the cartriges in my parallel port HP that was still working after at least a decade. I like it because it is fast and each color ink has its own cartrige. The ink is water resistant too.

dustyxj
September 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I picked this up when my lexmark all in one died..
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Epson-Stylus-NX330-Small-In-One-Printer-Copier-Scanner/17402364

seems to be working well for the money, and ink is pretty cheap as well.

Ms.ZJ
September 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Just my luck!
Get the printer and the 11month old PC craps out!
HP is sending a box for it and will fix it under warranty.

Meanwhile, my hubby has very generously loaned me his laptop.