PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2012 GLFWDA Quarterly Membership Meeting (Webinar) - August 14

Jarhead
July 9th, 2012, 06:40 AM
GLFWDA Quarterly Membership Meeting

Join us for a Webinar on August 14

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/232352433

Thank you in advance for taking time out of your busy schedule to join us.

Title:GLFWDA Quarterly Membership Meeting

Date:Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Time:8:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer

WhiteRhino
July 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks for posting. I have to admit that I am totally in the dark about this. Can you give a little info on how it works? How do we interact?

Jarhead
July 10th, 2012, 06:29 AM
The audience is limited to 100 participants.

Dependant upon desire a participant can telephone in (to the number provided upon registering), having the ability to listen and talk.

Or the participant can use a smart phone to connect to the web site link provided upon registering, having the ability to listen, talk and view whatever information is provided from the host computer.

Lastly, the participant can use a computer to connect to the web site link provided upon registering, having the ability to listen, talk and view whatever information is provided from the host computer. The participant may use their computer microphone and speakers to listen and talk, or use their telephone to listen and talk. The participant may also send chat messages to specific participants or to all those on the conference call.

The use of web cams is also a personal feature the participant may control

Coyote Red
July 10th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Where is the physical meeting actually going to be held? If it is close to home I will leave the room for those that are too far to attend.

phittie1100
July 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM
For the Summer 2012 meeting there will be no physical meeting location. The State of MI only requires us to have one face to face meeting each year to stay legal.

Coyote Red
July 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks, I had heard rumor that this was the lowest attendance and was under consideration to skip it.

phittie1100
July 10th, 2012, 03:09 PM
We have talked about eliminating the summer meeting in the past, but this seemed like a good opportunity to increase attendance and try something new at the same time.

hemrides
July 10th, 2012, 05:41 PM
This is a great idea. I signed up and will be there.. Thanks. Dave

Coyote Red
July 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
It is a step towards solving what everyone on GL4x4 is complaining about. I have seen some interest from younger members there maybe shoot a pm to them with a link to this info so they can see what everything is about and draw them to this board as well. Just a thought I know my say caries little weight since I am so new here.

fishyOO7
August 13th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Looking forward to calling in tomorrow.

Jarhead
August 14th, 2012, 06:53 AM
There is still time to register for tonight's meeting...

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/232352433

Thank you in advance for taking time out of your busy schedule to join us.

Title:GLFWDA Quarterly Membership Meeting

Date:Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Time:8:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

Gr8archer
August 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for posting. I have to admit that I am totally in the dark about this. Can you give a little info on how it works? How do we interact?

First off, I love the idea of a Web meeting! Maybe its just the nerd in me, or the fact that I have utilized GoToMeeting in the past with great success.

WhiteRhino, interaction can be done via telephone, voice over your PC or Smartphone, webcam or simple text chat.

For some great info on how it works, http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/web_meeting

See ya at 8 this evening!

Gr8archer
August 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Seemed like that went well. I think Bob said there was 16 people in the call. I love the idea of tieing it into the next meetings. If that is a possibility, a good investment might be a conference room microphone (http://www.amazon.com/MXL-AC404-USB-Conference-Microphone/dp/B001TGTDFM). Also, doing this, would allow the presenter to run studio software such as TechSmith's Camtersa (TechSmith is Lansing based) on the presentation computer and capture the meeting, then upload it for others who were not able to attend.