PDA

View Full Version : HID Reverse Lights

fsumotorhead
June 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
So I was searching the internet to see if a change to and LED bulb would net me any gain in lumens for my fusion reverse lights, when I came across the HID reverse lights.

Granted, I wouldn’t do this with my fusion, but a 15w HID plug and play kit is only $99.

I would think HID reverse lights might range from, an annoyance to others to down right dangerous on the street, but this might be bad ass for a night run on the trail.

HID Reverse Light Kit (http://www.visionxwholesale.com/products/Plug-and-Play-15-Watt-HID-Reverse-Light-Kit.html)

Anyone ever used HID reverse lights?

oz97tj
June 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Why? They take s few seconds to warm up for decent light and you still need a reflector to push the light. I doubt sticking an HID in your stock locations would do much besides lighten your wallet. If you want more light, go buy. A cheap 10 dollar 55watt fog and stick it someplace. It'll offer much better light, be instant on and be way cheaper.

Renegade II
June 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Why? They take s few seconds to warm up for decent light and you still need a reflector to push the light. I doubt sticking an HID in your stock locations would do much besides lighten your wallet. If you want more light, go buy. A cheap 10 dollar 55watt fog and stick it someplace. It'll offer much better light, be instant on and be way cheaper.

x2

Two tractor floods in rubber cups mounted to the cargo rack work great for me and are about 25 for a pair.