PDA

View Full Version : glfwda license plate ?

fsumotorhead
March 30th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Has anyone ever thought to propose a glfwda license plate to the state? I know at one time there was a law that put a cap on the number of fundraising plates limited to 8, but last year they were talking about changing that law, not sure if they ever did.

I know there was a few criteria that had to be met for them to create a new plate, such as guarantee a certain number of sales (I think 500) and paying an upfront cost to the state ( I think $15k).

I remember looking at the stats once, and I think even the low runners for the special cause plates tended to generate about $20k/yr in donations.

I took about 30 seconds in paint to make a very rough mock up.

Would anybody be interested in doing some research, or would anyone even bother to get one if they were available?

Trail_Fanatic
March 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Maybe rather than presenting it as a "GLFWDA" plate, if we presented it as a "support rustic roads" plate we might get the hunters, mushroom pickers, geocashers, etc.

Still have the money funnel back to GLFWDA, but try to broaden the base of support.

Thoughts???

And sorry, my schedule is FULL up.
Heck, it's down right overflowing, lol.

Jarhead
March 31st, 2012, 08:53 AM
This is a cool idea. Not certain how to go forward, but my house would have a couple.

oz97tj
March 31st, 2012, 03:03 PM
That is a cool idea. I'd have a couple myself.

Greenway
March 31st, 2012, 06:41 PM
If you put up the $15K I'll buy 3.

Renegade II
March 31st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Cool idea!

But there's no way I'd ever give up my F.O.P. plates!