PDA

View Full Version : 2012 ORV Trail Sponsor Workshops

phittie1100
February 17th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Spring is right around the corner, and so are the annual ORV Trail Sponsor Workshops. A hard copy of the attached invite has been mailed to all of the main contacts. Please note that the UP meeting will be held in a new location this year. We are currently working on the 2012 version of the PowerPoint presentation, so feel free to send any thoughts or suggestions you may have.

We are looking forward to another successful riding season. Thanks for all of your hard work!

See you soon.

Amanda Matelski, Trails Program Analyst
Forest Resource Division, MDNR
PH 231-775-9727 ext.6044 Fax 231-775-9671

Monday 3/19 1pm-4pm University Center, NMU campus
Saturday 3/24 12:30pm-3:30PM - Roscommon, MI (RAM Center)

Kixx007
February 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Will pencil the 24th in. Might make it up for it.

Water buffalo
March 23rd, 2012, 02:37 AM
Hope to see some of you guys up at the trail maintenance workshop four of us from ATVoffroad will be up there to see what's new with the trail maintenance . see you soon Jeff O.

phittie1100
March 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately this is not a time of year when I can take Saturdays off, so I am not going to make it. I wish they would go back to a mid-week meeting in Lansing like they used to schedule.

TWEAK
February 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Any word if these are happening again this year?

phittie1100
February 11th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Not yet - 2-1-13 I received an e-mail looking for the e-mail address for our new President to include on the invitation, but have not seen the real deal yet

hemrides
February 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Is this invite only or open to GP? Sounds like they are looking for limited attendance.

Thanks,
Dave

phittie1100
February 11th, 2013, 05:36 PM
The ORV trail maintenance workshops are open to the grant holders and grant workers, and I don't see why it would not be open to anyone merely interested in the program either. I don't see any reason why you could not attend, and if you are in doubt, please attend on my behalf. Since they eliminated the weekday evening meeting in Lansing, I am unable to attend either the Roscommon meeting or the one in the UP due to my work schedule.

TWEAK
February 11th, 2013, 08:32 PM
When I attended last year there were folks that were not actually doing the maintenance but they had interest in the trails. There was some discussion outside of just how to do ORV trail maintenance as well as having the chance to interact with some of the DNR folks who manage the trail system. That said, the primary focus is on trail maintenance and issues regarding how it is performed, so if you have questions/discussions outside of that then I would suggest a separate meeting.

It was nice last year at the meeting to get to network with folks outside of the fullsize 4x4 and understand some of their needs and concerns.

The ORV trail maintenance workshops are open to the grant holders and grant workers, and I don't see why it would not be open to anyone merely interested in the program either. I don't see any reason why you could not attend, and if you are in doubt, please attend on my behalf. Since they eliminated the weekday evening meeting in Lansing, I am unable to attend either the Roscommon meeting or the one in the UP due to my work schedule.