PDA

View Full Version : Time to get involved

Coyote Red
February 1st, 2012, 03:49 PM
I would like to say Hello to everyone here as well as say thank you for what you have done to keep the sport alive. I am hoping to be able to continue to enjoy this recreation for many years to come. I got into the four wheel drives because my dad got out of them as my sister and I were growing up. I heard numerous stories of how much fun the trails and people can be. Since he never let me play video games as a child I got into the stories that he told and decided to take up the sport. Well, that is about all for now.

phittie1100
February 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Welcome to GLFWDA! We hope to be able to enjoy 4x4 recreation for years to come too, otherwise we wouldn't be doing this. Always glad to have more support, whether it is your participation in our clean-up projects, trail rides, trail maintenance, or if it is even just your membership so we can go to Lansing and say we represent you too.

Thanks for checking in!

Renegade II
February 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hello & welcome :wave:

WhiteRhino
February 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Glad to see you here. My recommendation is to attend a couple meetings and see what is going on. Unfortunately, this message board really doesn't get alot of activity as things take waaaaaaaay longer to make happen than most would expect. So, it's hard to keep things up to date, thus why the meetings are important.

Thanks for joining.

sumpter1
February 1st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the site.

Coyote Red
February 2nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
I am planning on make it to as many of the events as possible. As for the meetings they might be a little bit of a little bit of a drive but I will see what I can do. I did see some thread about using some thing like go to meeting (go-to-meeting?) and this idea seem to be a viable one for me.

Jarhead
February 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Awesome News, Glad to have You aboard!

lpm606
February 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
I am planning on make it to as many of the events as possible. As for the meetings they might be a little bit of a little bit of a drive but I will see what I can do. I did see some thread about using some thing like go to meeting (go-to-meeting?) and this idea seem to be a viable one for me.

Just so you know, we generally hold our meeting in conjuction with another event that is taking place so generally, you don't need to make the trip for simply the meeting. Our next Quarterly will be held on the weekend of The Two Trackers forest clean-up - an extremely worthwhile event. Many folks stay to wheel at Silver Lake Sand Dunes as well. Makes for a good weekend - Service project, Meeting, and fun all rolled into one!

shawn
February 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks for joining!!

StingRay66
February 4th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Welcome :wave:

Coyote Red
February 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Just so you know, we generally hold our meeting in conjuction with another event that is taking place so generally, you don't need to make the trip for simply the meeting. Our next Quarterly will be held on the weekend of The Two Trackers forest clean-up - an extremely worthwhile event. Many folks stay to wheel at Silver Lake Sand Dunes as well. Makes for a good weekend - Service project, Meeting, and fun all rolled into one!

Well then this might just make attending into a reality for me. Also thanks for the greetings from everyone so far.

Coyote Red
July 10th, 2012, 07:56 AM
The more time I spend on GL4X4 the more tired I grow of the continuous e-penis competitions. Things like that that are what can and will drive people away from responsible wheeling. Thanks for keeping GLFWDA responsible and not a bar room brawl. I hope to slowly step up my involvement.

WhiteRhino
July 10th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Excellent!

Now with that, this site tends to become boring to many. Hopefully we can start to get more useful open dialog going soon.

Coyote Red
July 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
It does move slow. It seems that since the latest drama thread started I have seen guys move over to here. I want to see land stay open because it is ours to use and was designated to use and preserve. Parks are nice and I like the challenges they offer but they are a business and are around to be profitable. Once profit ends the parks end. This land is something that should never be taken away from anyone. A little better management of the land usage would be nice.

I just realized that I never mentioned my full name or what I wheel. Name is Cody Robbins and hometown is Chelsea. About half way between Jackson and Ann Arbor along I-94. Currently I am sitting with a warmed over inline six F-150. I plan to double the t-case, three link front and four link the rear, lock it, plate it, and drag it as far as I can make it.

landj
July 10th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Thank you for joining. and to everybody else. Thank you.

Jarhead
July 10th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Cody we are darn glad to have you. My high school wheeling was in a Ford 150...those were the days!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Coyote Red
July 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
So I am not the only one that wheels the fullsize!!!:woot:

Trail_Fanatic
July 11th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Welcome!

timbercruiser
July 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM
So I am not the only one that wheels the fullsize!!!:woot:

I've got an 80 series Land Cruiser, it's a fullsize. And thanks for joining.

Coyote Red
February 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM
Just renewed my membership. This time I clicked the reoccurring option. Thought I did that last year :banghead:

fsumotorhead
February 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM
cool!

phittie1100
February 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks for your renewal!

MattS
February 2nd, 2013, 12:28 AM
Welcome aboard! :wave: