PDA

View Full Version : Summer meeting via GoToMeeting?

phittie1100
January 31st, 2012, 07:16 AM
As Bob mentioned at the Winter Quarterly we are seriously considering an electronic format such as GoToMeeting for the Summer Quarterly in a n effort to boost attendance and participation. You can simply call in to participate, or use your computer for a full audio/video experience. Do you like the idea, and if so what day/time would work best?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fishyOO7
January 31st, 2012, 09:58 PM
I think it is a great idea. No real preference on day / time. Just whatever works if it is aligned with an event.

DDS4X4
February 1st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Might consider Monday through Thursday and somewhere in the 7 to 10 PM range?
My $0.02. Just provide at least 2 weeks notice, if possible.

sumpter1
February 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Might consider Monday through Thursday and somewhere in the 7 to 10 PM range?
My $0.02. Just provide at least 2 weeks notice, if possible.

Ya, what he said.

JerryD
February 2nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
I would be in favor of it... at least try it out once.

oz97tj
February 3rd, 2012, 01:32 AM
Like I said at the meeting, schedule it during the week. Seeing as it's not a destination, people will likely find better things to do if it was scheduled on a weekend or even a Friday. I'd go for earlier evening time. Other than that, just schedule it and see how it turns out. If you wait for people to help schedule it, you'll never have a consensus as we all know you can't make everyone happy.

Biggest issue is how to use it. It may be wise to write up some sort of short tutorial for those that are less than fluent with computers. Start a thread so people can ask questions if needed. Maybe even have a dry run a day or week or whatever before hand so people know how to get on. Those are my thoughts. I'm all for it.

Greenway
February 3rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
I am not one that usually worries about coloring in the lines, but is there anything in the bylaws that would affect this? Perhaps some quorum issues?

Coyote Red
February 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
I know this would aid me in my attendance if I could do it from my home computer rather than driving two hour one way for a two hour meeting.

Jarhead
February 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
I am not one that usually worries about coloring in the lines, but is there anything in the bylaws that would affect this? Perhaps some quorum issues?

The By Laws which may be downloaded at http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?5284-GLFWDA-By-Laws

State:

Article 7 MEETINGS

Section 3 The members present and in good standing at all meetings shall constitute a quorum.

If you were to read on you would note that our current By Laws require:

Article 7 MEETINGS

Section 1 There shall be four (4) meetings held each year. Members shall be notified not less than fourteen (14) days prior to the regular meeting. Notification may be made by electronic means or through the recognized official website of the Association.

"Notification may be made by electronic means or through the recognized official website of the Association"

The issue as to voting states:

Article 8 VOTING

Section 1 Each paid membership shall be allowed one (1) vote only. Proxy or absentee votes are prohibited, except as provided in Art 7, Sec 5. Each Executive Board member shall have one (1) vote with the exception of the President.

Section 2 The President may cast one (1) vote in case of a tie.

Anything else?

shawn
February 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
I like the idea. I like it even more during the week. I love it best on a Tuesday. :D

shawn
February 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
The By Laws which may be downloaded at http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?5284-GLFWDA-By-Laws

State:

Article 7 MEETINGS

Section 3 The members present and in good standing at all meetings shall constitute a quorum.

If you were to read on you would note that our current By Laws require:

Article 7 MEETINGS

Section 1 There shall be four (4) meetings held each year. Members shall be notified not less than fourteen (14) days prior to the regular meeting. Notification may be made by electronic means or through the recognized official website of the Association.

"Notification may be made by electronic means or through the recognized official website of the Association"

The issue as to voting states:

Article 8 VOTING

Section 1 Each paid membership shall be allowed one (1) vote only. Proxy or absentee votes are prohibited, except as provided in Art 7, Sec 5. Each Executive Board member shall have one (1) vote with the exception of the President.

Section 2 The President may cast one (1) vote in case of a tie.

Anything else?

I'm pretty srue when these laws were created, nobody ever thought about having meetings over the intrawebz. I think we can get this to work once the membership learns how to use it.

DDS4X4
February 3rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
I like the idea. I like it even more during the week. I love it best on a Tuesday. :D

If you pick a Tuesday, don't pick the 2nd or 4th Tuesday, as I am already committed on those nights.

hemrides
February 5th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Great idea, I will attend.

timbercruiser
February 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Yes, do it.

joe & jeep
February 14th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a great idea, weekends work better for me being on 2nd shift I would miss it during the week.