PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Schedule

phittie1100
January 31st, 2012, 07:12 AM
Do you prefer the old Sunday morning meeting time or do you prefer it worked in as part of the event schedule like we did for SnoFari and DOA this year?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Greenway
January 31st, 2012, 09:41 PM
Considering the big boost in attendance, I think the new format is a keeper.

Sofo having a raffle for those that filled out tailgate reports was also a great idea. Thanks Sofo.

WhiteRhino
February 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
I agree with Gary. My only regret is that we did not make it "perfectly clear" that the meeting was open to all.

Renegade II
February 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Considering the big boost in attendance, I think the new format is a keeper.

Sofo having a raffle for those that filled out tailgate reports was also a great idea. Thanks Sofo.

x2

lgottler
February 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM
I didn't care for the timing of it on Friday. On a weekend, anytime can work. On a weekday, later is better. I personally get off about 5 and it takes 3 hours to get up there, so a 5pm start meant I couldn't make it. If it were later, say 7 or after, I could have skipped out an hour early (probably) and made it.

My .02.

JerryD
February 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
I have to agree with Lucas... switched jobs recently and am starting over with vacation (blah, blah, blah). Trying to get involved again, but it's not lining up the way I'd like. Can't fault anyone or even the schedule... just the way it is. Maybe the GoToMeeting is a better option... 'course if y'all want to hold it in downtown GR at DeVos place, Fridays are good :D

oz97tj
February 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM
With an event is a keeper. Depending on the event though, it's a matter of when you could schedule it to have the least amount of conflicts with the very event you're mooching off of while still allowing as many people to attend as possible.

For instance, as mentioned above, 5pm on Friday may not have been ideal but there were probably more at that meeting than many I've attended. That includes those that are Sunday morning after an event, because everyone is more interested in going home that staying for a boring meeting. Therefore, even though some missed out, I think it was worth scheduling when it was because it was down time for everyone anyway. However, as mentioned above, many people were under the impression they couldn't come in. Had that been more clear, that room would have easily been filled judging by the amount of people standing outside the door. Maybe a greeter at the door, like at Walmart, would be a good option. lol. Or maybe we could even entice people to come to the meeting by giving one raffle ticket to each attendee, member or not, for a prize that was donated by GLFWDA. It could then be given away at the banquet / sponsor giveaway. It wouldn't have to be a super expensive product; just cool and unique so people talk about it. It would certainly spread some awareness that we are there and would generate some traffic.

Alboy79
February 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
With an event is a keeper. Depending on the event though, it's a matter of when you could schedule it to have the least amount of conflicts with the very event you're mooching off of while still allowing as many people to attend as possible.

For instance, as mentioned above, 5pm on Friday may not have been ideal but there were probably more at that meeting than many I've attended. That includes those that are Sunday morning after an event, because everyone is more interested in going home that staying for a boring meeting. Therefore, even though some missed out, I think it was worth scheduling when it was because it was down time for everyone anyway. However, as mentioned above, many people were under the impression they couldn't come in. Had that been more clear, that room would have easily been filled judging by the amount of people standing outside the door. Maybe a greeter at the door, like at Walmart, would be a good option. lol. Or maybe we could even entice people to come to the meeting by giving one raffle ticket to each attendee, member or not, for a prize that was donated by GLFWDA. It could then be given away at the banquet / sponsor giveaway. It wouldn't have to be a super expensive product; just cool and unique so people talk about it. It would certainly spread some awareness that we are there and would generate some traffic.

He hit the nail on the head ^

shawn
February 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
I think pairing a meeting with an event is good for one or two meetings. I think having GLFWDA representation is HUGE at ALL EVENTS (I know how hard that can be though).

I would like to have a couple on-line meetings and a couple event meetings.

I liked the Friday meeting the best. Sorry the new people were not aware these are open meetings.

lpm606
February 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
That was by far the best atteneded meeting I have been to of about 6-8 that I have attended over the last 3 years. While maybe some people couldn't make it for the ealrier time, the whole point was that he 100+ people already there for the event could. I think it is a no-brainer to keep trying to coordinate the meeting with an event. The other benefit is that not everyone attending the event is a member, so it is more exposure/recruitement opportunity (If we ensure we invite them all in... I had no idea people were standing outside that thought it was a closed meeting)