PDA

View Full Version : If you wanted to get your HAM license and live in/near Genesee County...

phittie1100
January 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
*** Technician Classes are forming now at the (DCER)***
Amy & Jeff will be teaching a Technician Class license course beginning February 20th (6 week course from 6:30pm ~ 8:30pm)
The cost is $30 plus study guide, we use the W5YI Technician book. You can also get the book locally at Dentronics.

Registration
You can register for the class by stopping by the DCER office between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. You may also mail your completed registration form (forms can be found in the fall brochure on the DCER website) with class fees to: Davison Community Enrichment and Recreation, 1250 N. Oak Road, Davison, MI 48423. If you are paying with Visa or MasterCard, you have to option to also fax your completed form to (810) 591-0174. All class and supply fees must be paid at time of registration.

shawn
January 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I need to find something closer to me.

DDS4X4
January 17th, 2012, 10:20 PM
*** Technician Classes are forming now at the (DCER)***
Amy & Jeff will be teaching a Technician Class license course beginning February 20th (6 week course from 6:30pm ~ 8:30pm)
The cost is $30 plus study guide, we use the W5YI Technician book. You can also get the book locally at Dentronics.

Registration
You can register for the class by stopping by the DCER office between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. You may also mail your completed registration form (forms can be found in the fall brochure on the DCER website) with class fees to: Davison Community Enrichment and Recreation, 1250 N. Oak Road, Davison, MI 48423. If you are paying with Visa or MasterCard, you have to option to also fax your completed form to (810) 591-0174. All class and supply fees must be paid at time of registration.

I have heard of that place!

Renegade II
January 18th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I need to find something closer to me.

There are several good study guide / quiz sites on line with all the questions. I did the on line stuff for 2 weeks after work then went and got 100% on the test. I'm betting classes would be better for a practical understanding and remembering the stuff for more than 2 minutes after the test. I was already a Mi. MPSCS system instructor for 5 years prior to testing so I did it the quick way.

Jarhead
January 18th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I have an opening coming October 2012

phittie1100
January 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I have an opening coming October 2012

We currently have a plan to amend the bylaws, suspending all future elections until further notice. We will keep you posted as to the status of your planned availability.

Greenway
January 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
You will, however, be allowed to squeeze this into your schedule.

It has been suggested that you trade your Hummer in on a Jeep to relieve you of the Hummer Club responsibilities.

Jarhead
January 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
You will, however, be allowed to squeeze this into your schedule.

It has been suggested that you trade your Hummer in on a Jeep to relieve you of the Hummer Club responsibilities.

Knowing my luck, I would buy a JK and become Membership Secretary of a new found club of JK owners :ahhh:

JerryD
January 24th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Knowing my luck, I would buy a JK and become Membership Secretary of a new found club of JK owners :ahhh:
I second it...

oh wait -- he was volunteering, right?

fsumotorhead
January 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Anyone know of a place i can find to take the test a bit closer to Monroe?

I've had study books for years, and as a automotive engineer who should have gone to school for an EE degree since i am an electronics nerd, taking a class seems to be a waste of time for me.

Unfortunatly, the FCC still requires a written admistered test, but i have no idea where the heck to find a location.

JerryD
January 30th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Go here... http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session

Should be able to find something nearby...

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt

fsumotorhead
January 31st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Go here... http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session

Should be able to find something nearby...

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt

thanks, found one about twenty minutes away for next monthe :)