PDA

View Full Version : Shake Down Run Feb 18

lgottler
February 9th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Kieth and myself are planning on hitting the Mounds on Saturday morning the 18th of Feb to do some testing. Just for a few hours (less if we bust stuff!) to spin around to try Kieths freshly built samurai.

Anyone know if you need a plate and insurance there or only an ORV sticker?

Lucas

95geo
February 10th, 2006, 08:46 AM
you only need an orv sticker, plan on paying the 9 or 10 bucks to get in and if you dont then consider it your lucky day.

im not going to be able to make it, the truck is torn down right now....... :WhiteRhino:

WhiteRhino
February 10th, 2006, 09:40 AM
I might make it. We have a family wedding that day & I'm not sure what time I have to leave.

lgottler
February 16th, 2006, 02:54 PM
What I'd like to know is when they open. I want to get there kinda early, 8-9ish and only play for a few hours to test stuff out.

Lucas

95geo
February 16th, 2006, 03:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Feb 16 2006, 01&#58;54 PM) 10471</div>

What I&#39;d like to know is when they open. I want to get there kinda early, 8-9ish and only play for a few hours to test stuff out.

Lucas
[/b]

m-s 8-dusk
sunday 12-dusk

lgottler
February 16th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Thats nice. 10 degrees out on Saturday. High wind advisories for the tow up there. No top/doors on Kieths Zuk. It was 50 degrees TODAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

????

Lucas

WhiteRhino
February 17th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Can&#39;t make it. Still trying to work out some bugs. Ran it last week & still doesn&#39;t run right. Gonna do a compression test. I have this lurking fear that when I overheated when we went over the cliff that I hurt the innards of the engine.

Kinda worried at the moment.

lgottler
February 17th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Hope its just something really easy to fix, or just something came loose etc...

Were aiming for about 9am. Why does it have to get cold????

Lucas

WhiteRhino
February 17th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Pretty much convinced it&#39;s in the carb. Full new tune up, new distributor module & hot wire to distributor.

I can get to 5 of 8 cylinders with a screw in compression tester. 160-170 psi.

All plugs look good. No carbon buildup.

It acts like the secondaries are not pulling fuel. I have verified that the diaphram is pulling the secondaries open. Everything is clean. Installed new gasket. Float level is right.

Stand on it and it goes one time & sputters the next. Runs perfect until I put my foot in it. Gonna go pull the carb apart I see what I find....

Sorry to hijack the thread. Wish I could join you. Stay warm&#33;

lgottler
February 19th, 2006, 01:05 PM
We made it back without any major issues.

Small start problem on the Zuk, easily solved.

We hit one last mudhole on the way out, we both got stuck, now I have to leave my Jeep in the shop to melt. The starter was frozen, had to hit it with a torch to get the Jeep off the trailer, brakes were frozen....nice and warm 5 degrees almost all day&#33;&#33;

Lucas

95geo
February 19th, 2006, 01:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Feb 17 2006, 06&#58;51 PM) 10521</div>

It acts like the secondaries are not pulling fuel. I have verified that the diaphram is pulling the secondaries open. Everything is clean. Installed new gasket. Float level is right.

Stand on it and it goes one time & sputters the next. Runs perfect until I put my foot in it. Gonna go pull the carb apart I see what I find....

[/b]

im sure you have already ruled it out but have you checked your fuel filter? are all of you fuel lines in good shape? does your fuel pump deliver enough fuel to the carb? any return line issues?

just throwing some ideas out there......

WhiteRhino
February 19th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Lucas, glad your day went well. Have fun next weekend.

And the trailer?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; Feb 19 2006, 12&#58;37 PM) 10583</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Feb 17 2006, 06&#58;51 PM) 10521

[/b]

im sure you have already ruled it out but have you checked your fuel filter? are all of you fuel lines in good shape? does your fuel pump deliver enough fuel to the carb? any return line issues?

just throwing some ideas out there......
[/b][/quote]

Yup, checked em all. I have a glass see thru filter right before the carb. Easy to see fuel flow. Pressure is the same as always. This is something new.

Checked the timing & it&#39;s on the money. Took the carb apart again & oiled up the check valves hoping it would make a difference. Nothing.

But, the engine runs fine up to almost 4500 rpm. Guess we&#39;ll run it this way next weekend.