PDA

View Full Version : Roscommon Open House

phittie1100
August 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Paul,

The Roscommon Unit open house is scheduled on September 14th from 3-7pm. It will be held right at the field office. I just thought I would let you know in case anyone from your club wanted to take a look at the 2013 stuff. The packets will be posted to the web next Monday if you are interested.

The link is http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-30301_30505_54967---,00.html.

Amanda Matelski, Trails Program Analyst
Forest Management Division, MDNR

Let me know if you are interested in receiving the informational packet

Trail_Fanatic
August 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I would like to see a copy. If they're anything like the Gladwin Open House documents, they're worthless. They won't have anything about the forest road system in them. Gladwin admitted that there is NO meaningful comment period for the forest road system as they do not consider any changes to the road system until they are out on-site with the logger who wont he bid. This is about 2 weeks before they log. Decisions about roads are made at this point in the process. Unfortunately, they do NOT publish when these on-site inspections take place and with only 2 weeks between the inspection and implementation, there's no real way to make timely comment about the road system.

This MUST be changed, but I just haven't had the time to contact the appropriate Department personnel to issue my complaint.