View Full Version : Membership Secretary

Evil Queen
August 11th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Just thought I'd make a post and tell those of you who didn't know....a short time back my desktop tower hit the floor. Now, I was pretty sure that desktops weren't designed to take leaps of faith that far down and unfortunately, I was correct. I was able to get it to boot to a point, but it hit a bad sector and no matter what I did (different boot order, safe mode and other technical stuff) it was a no go. I took it to a place that can retrieve data and of my 200gigs of data, about 15 gigs was retrievable.

I exercised my rights to female indecision and purchased two replacement computers (just in case I got home and didn't like one :thumb:, it is a long, day trip back to the store). Anyway...got it up and running and checked the data that was saved and....,

GLFWDA files were amongst the living, at least the ones I need.

Yeah, I know..back up, save stuff blah blah blah....I only didn't save my business files (except to the offended harddrive) for the last, busy, hell raising month. Those I pretty much lost and must reconstruct.

Anyway...to make a long story longer, if you sent in a renewal or joined in the last three weeks....tonight will be your lucky night....thanks for waiting. Really and sincerely.

and this all in one desktop with a touch screen kicks butt.

August 11th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up! And for your work for GLFWDA, glad things worked out. I know I'm ok, sent my renewal in over a month ago.

Renegade II
August 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I think my auto renew through paypal hit sometime in there too. Good lookin' out :thumb:

Renegade II
August 18th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I think my auto renew through paypal hit sometime in there too. Good lookin' out :thumb:

Um, slight problem. My Pay Pal shows a May 13, 2011 payment was made to Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association for my membership, but I just got a 'you're expired' reminder post card in the mail. My PayPal is set up as a subscription to hit the same time each year so I don't forget, in case that may have something to do with it.