PDA

View Full Version : CJ fuel/temp gauge in Speedo replacements

shawn
February 6th, 2006, 04:26 PM
My factory Speedometer needs a new Fuel and temp gauge. Anybody replace thiers? What brand replacements did you get? How have they been, and what is the quality like on them?

MuddyPaws
February 6th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Last one I put in was a collins brothers (http://store.yahoo.com/collinsbros/gauges.html) unit. Cost 40 bucks and worked great. Only complaint was that the black on the new gauge face was "too black" and didn't look right due to the other gauges being faded from sun and time.

If you wanted to get fancy...Dakota Digital.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/cartimages/art_sm_26.jpg

http://www.dakotadigital.com/cartimages/art_sm_41.jpg

But then again...it isn't MY money. :P

shawn
February 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM
No I don't want anything fancy. I like it old school style. But teh CVR in the Fuel Gauge went out, and you are supposed to replace the fuel and temp together on these (the CVR feeds both). That was my fear, of spending the money on some and it looking gay or something, or it not working worth crap.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
February 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM
The 1955-1986 pair is $41.99

The 1980-1986 Bi-torque design pair is $60.99

They look like this:
http://www.omix-ada.com/members/pic/17209.02.jpg

mitrail400ex
February 6th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Shawn-dizzle. I might still have my factory gauge cluster laying around upnorth. Its currently in Sault Ste Marie, but if it is still up there, I can have it down here in about a week. If that is the case, you can have it.

shawn
February 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I'll take it if you don't want it. Other wise I may just order those from JeeperzCreeperz.

Kevin, what are the difference between the two you listed? The pics you posted I think are of the Stewart Warner ones, right? I have read those are supposed to be better. The other ones, are those the Crown Automotive imported ones?

MuddyPaws
February 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Hello.....I live is Da Soo. I could nab them from where ever they are and mail them down.

mitrail400ex
February 7th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Well, my buddy is running up there on friday, coming back down here on sunday night. I'll be talking to him tonight and see if he can grab it while he's up there. Thanks for the offer Tim, but I'm really not quite sure where they moved to (I know they moved from Kincheloe to SSM, but not the actual address) yet. All I know is that I owe them some brewskys for moving my junk along with theirs. But either way, I will let you know on monday if he got it for me or not.

MuddyPaws
February 7th, 2006, 03:52 PM
So you have a roving junk yard up here....cool...good to know :thumb-up:

Jeeperz-Creeperz
February 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shawn &#064; Feb 6 2006, 10&#58;31 PM) 9754</div>

Yeah, I&#39;ll take it if you don&#39;t want it. Other wise I may just order those from JeeperzCreeperz.

Kevin, what are the difference between the two you listed? The pics you posted I think are of the Stewart Warner ones, right? I have read those are supposed to be better. The other ones, are those the Crown Automotive imported ones?
[/b]
The pic is actually provided by the supplier, Omix-Ada (Crown&#39;s competition).

The regular gauges should sweep 270 degrees. The Bi-Torque design is much more accurate and sweeps 90 degrees.

shawn
February 7th, 2006, 05:50 PM
270 degrees? How is that possible. See, the picture you posted, those look like junk. Maybe it&#39;s just a bad pic. But, maybe I&#39;ll get the bi-torque ones if they are better.

mitrail400ex
February 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Shawn, I&#39;ve got the parts home now, so let me know if you want to take a look at them. They are the stock stewart warner stuff. I&#39;ve got the two guages out of the speedo assembly, but you can have the whole she-bang if you want it. Give me a shout at 313-477 - 8165. I&#39;m busy with work/ school monday and wednesday, 9am-9pm. Tues, thurs, friday I&#39;m home after 5:30PM. Weekends, I&#39;m open. Just leave me a voicemail or something if you call and I don&#39;t answer.

shawn
February 13th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Cool, thanks man. I&#39;ll give you a call on Tuesday.