PDA

View Full Version : Last trip to the Mounds

timmy_69
May 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Well I think I took my last trip ever to the Mounds. I was thoroughly disappointed to see all of the big mud holes around the rocks. Now we didn't attempt to get through any of the since we were by our self. But I really see this as a waste of money to put all of those rocks out there. I also witness some jack wagon pissing in one of the mud hole along the power lines. I really don't think I will ever go back there.

Renegade II
May 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
The last time I was there, was the last time I will ever be there. They are wasting money adding a 'next level' of rocks unless they reign in some type of damage control. I hadn't been there in a long time (many years) and was disappointed to still see a 'certain segment' of off roaders getting drunk and stupid like they were doing 20 years ago.

DDS4X4
May 29th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Some "boys" will never grow up. sad!

WhiteRhino
May 31st, 2011, 07:17 AM
I agree, I have no urge to go there. I've noticed a significant decline in posts about the mounds ever since the private parks have opened up. Looks like once again our government is too late in reacting to the needs of the citizens. The new improvements will probably go unnoticed and unused.

Rattler
June 22nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
I haven't been to the Mounds in a couple years. I think it was either the Chill Run or Thanksgiving when I was there. No surprise that the BDMTs are up to no-good.

Just in case: BDMT= Big Dumb Mud Trucks

WhiteRhino
June 23rd, 2011, 06:11 AM
I believe the next phase of rocks will be starting soon.

Renegade II
June 23rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Wonder if I could put an ORV sticker on a D8R Cat and go fix that place up a bit :D

Jarhead
June 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Wonder if I could put an ORV sticker on a D8R Cat and go fix that place up a bit :D
I knew I liked you with good reason. :yourock:

nick_n_ii
July 11th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I still go there but that's cause funds are tight and it's the closest for me.

But when I'm there we pick up trash and report all that drink and wheel, both to the people running the place and the local police with plate numbers.

Sure it's not the best place to go, but in many ways it's better than nothing when it comes to no budget to go up state to the parks..

computeruser
July 12th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Maybe they could cut down on the problem element if they parked LE out there to check the guys for child support warrants before they were let into the place...

Renegade II
July 12th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Maybe they could cut down on the problem element if they parked LE out there to check the guys for child support warrants before they were let into the place...

There ya go, actually make it; 1) File check for warrants 2) Preliminary breath test 3) Drivers license status.

The mud pits would be empty within a week :lmao: