PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Year in Review Boondocker is coming soon!

phittie1100
February 24th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Associate Members please submit your advertisements ASAP - deadline is February 28, 2011 for inclusion in the upcoming edition of the Boondocker.

:wave:

Trail_Fanatic
February 24th, 2011, 11:51 PM
:woot:

DDS4X4
February 26th, 2011, 04:51 AM
.........................:ahhh:

DDS4X4
March 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
http://www.glfwda.org/boondocker/2010_Review.pdf

So when did this edition get posted in the Library?
I missed the NOTICE. :yourock:

GREAT job Ed. :thumb:

dustyxj
March 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
nice.... and not one mention of the Trolls Fall color tour 2010..... I thought that the article from the UFWDA e-news had been submitted for this as well.... :banghead:

DDS4X4
March 19th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I can submit it, but the Editor has to decide what fits, sorry!
For what it is worth, the Fall Color Tour is mentioned on Page 11, bottom right.

And for those who missed it in a previous UFWDA E-news -

Trolls Fall Color Tour is a Success
By Doug Saul - Individual Member UFWDA, GLFWDA, IFWDA

The Troll Fourwheelers Club may be small in numbers, but they are huge in effort. A member club of the Great Lake Four Wheel Drive Association, they are located just south of the Mackinaw Bridge, which connects the lower and upper peninsulas of Michigan. http://www.glfwda.org/content.php?5-clubs Since they are located just “under the bridge”, hence their club name TROLLS. Held for several years, this year’s Fall Color Tour may have set a record for attendance. It was a beautiful weekend, weather wise, in northern Michigan. We gathered at a rural location at a gasoline station/truck stop with plenty of parking. Good thing, as over 50 rigs showed up to join in the FUN.

After a short Drivers meeting, we were split into 2 groups, to manage the traffic in the woods. While CB’s were the communication device for most participants, a few of us have our HAM radio license, so we spread ourselves throughout both groups, just to have better contact between the groups. Oh, did I say we were in northern Michigan, off the beaten path (Interstate I-75)? Yes, there are locations where there is no cellular telephone service, thank goodness, no interruptions!

We wondered through the two-track trails of the Mackinaw State Forest, enjoying the warm sunshine and beautiful colors nature had provided to us. The trails were typical northern Michigan sand, with a little mud and hills thrown in for excitement. Everyone was enjoying themselves as were pulled into Chandler Hill Campground for a convenient lunch stop. The folks at Chandler are very accommodating to the ORV crowd and welcomed us to utilize their picnic tables and restrooms, free of charge. Check them out at http://www.chandlerhillcampground.com/ I think you will find it a GREAT place to camp! Oh, did I say the Trolls supplied lunch for all 110+ participants. Nothing like roasted hot dogs on a warm Fall day in the woods. Thanks Trolls!

After lunch, those that wanted to continue north to Indian River headed out the back gate through a connector trail to the Indian River ORV Route. It was warming up and drying out as we tooled along the sandy, colorful trail. It seems as though the conditions were just right to raise a little dust. After a few comments over the CB, our Trail Leader reminded us that in the future it would now be easier for all of us to remember his name, Dusty! Thanks Dusty and ALL the Trolls for your efforts in organizing a successful event! We’re already looking forward to next year’s Trolls Fall Color Tour.

lpm606
March 30th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I did receive the submission on the Color tour, however, we determined to feature one "event" for each quarter. The Saint Helens rocks represented a major accomplishment for GLFWDA, our member clubs, and our partners at the DNRE and the business community in the area that supported the efforts. So, I decided to feature that Artcile to represent Fall. At one point a 32 page version of this edition existed and I added the Color Tour in (which is why it is referenced in the little Filler on Page 11) but I had to go back to 28 pages so I had to cut the Color Tour article. My wife and I have been on the Trolls Fall color Tour in the past and we really ejoyed it. It is a great event that I hated to cut, but I had to for space reasons. Thanks for the submission and please keep them coming. Since we will not be squeezing a full year into future editions we will have plenty of room! I look forward to featuring The Trolls Color Tour in the Fall 2011 edition!

Thanks,

Ed