PDA

View Full Version : New seats installed

Creative Fab
January 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Here a couple of pics of what I did this weekend. These are new take out seats from a medium duty GM truck.
the same kind Brian had for sale on this forum.

They have a flip up seat bottom that is kinda cool, plus the sliders are included.

I had to mount them to the roll cage due to their height, the factory flip forward brackets were to tall. I wanted to attach my seats and my but to the cage anyway. I will definately feel safer now!

I have another pair of these seats if anyone is interested, $100 obo

WhiteRhino
January 30th, 2006, 08:10 AM
So did you run the tube all the way across so that both seats and the console are all siting on the same tube or are they separate?

Tab
January 30th, 2006, 10:29 AM
All the way across. The center counsle may go over it because I think it has legs in the front and rear. Not sure though.

Creative Fab
January 30th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yes the 2 tubes run across from side to side, kinda hard to see in the pictures. The center console also sits on these tubes.

The forward tube had to be sunk into the tunnel, then rubber roof material was placed under it with sealant to keep out the nasty's. What sucks the most about this is we no longer have the flip forward seat brackets which makes it tough to get things in and out of the back when the soft top is on.

On a positive note, is the fact that the seats and belts are now attached to the cage which is the safest way to go, and I try not to run the soft top whenever I can get away with it, much to Kim's shigrin.

This project took way longer than I wanted it to, but these days I find myself taking it a little slower and making sure everything is perfect, there is something to be said about getting older.

joe_jeep
January 31st, 2006, 10:13 AM
nice, looks great, and safer on the cage for sure. looks like a little bit of storage under the flip up bottoms too. good job.